Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[SOLVED] Mac: Barely any graphics working - from intro/starting the game to opening a saved game

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Sep 15, 2017, 9:10:37 PM

First off - I tried my best to find a thread or info somewhere that could help me before starting a new one.

I'm using a 2017 MacBook Pro 13inch.

The game has worked fine for me the first few days of having it. This started today. I am not sure how to explain my graphics problems so I'll just post screenshots.

Any help is appreciated!

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 15, 2017, 11:26:33 PM

Try adding '-compat' to the launch options in ES2's properties. It fixes all manner of Mac graphical glitches although the Diplomacy screen still crashes for me. Luckily, I can still conduct diplomacy by engaging with another empire directly. 

This is probably related to the Target Locked update which would explain why the glitches suddenly appeared.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 18, 2017, 8:27:32 AM

Can you give us an overview of your Mac by using the system profiler and copying the information over here?

Search for "profiler" using Command-F. [Command = Apple Key]. You can save the information in a text format and upload the file, or copy its contents here.

Thanks!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 1, 2017, 3:40:20 PM

I am having similar issues and I reported it on the Bugs forum.  Screen shots included and other data included 

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/114-bug-reports/threads/28060-multiple-glitches-after-mac-high-sierra-update?page=1

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 2, 2017, 7:10:42 PM
Akiva wrote:

Try adding '-compat' to the launch options in ES2's properties. It fixes all manner of Mac graphical glitches although the Diplomacy screen still crashes for me. Luckily, I can still conduct diplomacy by engaging with another empire directly. 

This is probably related to the Target Locked update which would explain why the glitches suddenly appeared.

This worked for me and resolved all of my UI issues.  Thanks 

0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment