Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Fixed

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 23, 2017, 8:36:53 PM

Could you post your Diagnostics found in "\Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files"  as Diagnostics - YYYY'MM'DD @ HHMM'SS''.Html being the time & date of the game starting.

Along with your output_log.txt found in "Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2"

Try going to "Steam\steamapps\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist" and using the installers in the files DXSETUP.exe, NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe & vcredist_x64.exe

Just to double check the issue is that its starts up and stays stuck on the loading screen ?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 23, 2017, 9:38:06 PM

I guess you game does not get to the stage of making a diagnostic and your output logs do not have a Gamesight section

Another difference is your using Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] (I'm using Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]) But I do not know if that would be the cause.

The fact that civilization V crashes on start-up seems related.

Unfortunately there is not much to go off of.

One thing you could try to get more infomation is use Process Monitor

Start it up and set to capture then run the game, drag the "include process.." reticule onto the ES2 Window  (you will probably have to set ES2 to windowed mode to do this)

Process Monitor should now be filled with just ES2.

Once ES2 fails to load for long enouth (the log stops saying anything new) close ES2 and then save the log and upload it here.

This is to check if its having issues loading files it can't detect other problems. (but it  may find the issue)

Edit: You could give install VLC a try in case it is codecs

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 28, 2017, 12:41:22 PM

Closing the thread.

dragonvoka1: instead of editing the thread with fixed, please leave your original text. This could help other users who face a similar issue.

Thanks!

0Send private message
Comment