Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Solved] Sudden crash on startup

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Sep 28, 2017, 7:55:58 AM

A sudden change over night. I played the game yesterday without any issues and now I got an error msg whenever I start it. (via steam, in game folder, as admin, compatibility mode for win 7 - doesn't matter). 

I verified game cache, used DDU and re-installed graphics drivers as I thought 17.9.2 might be the issue since I had weird mouse cursor artifacts once. 

error.log

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

The game is whitelisted in Comodo (AV/FW). I also had multiple reboots now.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 28, 2017, 8:53:54 AM

Hi there Kray,

Alas, there is not much I see in the logs. Your computer should be fine to run the game (and did run it correctly if I understand well). Did you install different video codecs or something like that? 

Also can you share the Diagnostics file? It could tell me more.

Thanks

0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 28, 2017, 9:21:25 AM

Hi and thanks for your reply. There's only a crash.dmp file left I hadn't uploaded yet. 

crash.dmp

about codecs: I installed VLC one or two days before the crash occured. Going to uninstall it now. What Codecs are essential for ES2? Is there a way to reinstall/reset them? 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 28, 2017, 9:56:22 AM

I just looked through documents and found the folder with the diagnostic files. There's only one from yesterday evening when the game was running fine. It's an html file and I get an error when I want to upload it here. packing it as 7z now.

Diagnostics - 2017'09'27 @2118'05''.7z

0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 28, 2017, 12:39:44 PM

I guess the correct codecs should be the Klite codec pack. We will update the common issues guide with this info.

Let me know if this changes anything.

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Sep 28, 2017, 6:24:33 PM

Thanks for your help. The K-Lite Codec Pack didn't help. I usually stay far, far away from codecs as I have some bad experiences messing around with them in the past. 

My problem wasn't an ES2 only problem either. Half of my games didn't work anymore. Got a lot of stackhash errors. So after trying a couple of other things, I did a fresh re-install of my PC. 

ES2 is now working fine again. 

Thanks for your quick help. It was very much appreciated!

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment