Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Disharmony crashes every time on High Sierra.

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Oct 14, 2017, 5:01:49 PM

Endless Space 2 Disharmony will not run under High Sierra. Crashlog screen opens when it crashes. What should I do?

If I can't get the game to run on High Sierra, I'd like an immedate refund. Steam won't deal with any issues concerning the game.

It did run under Sierra. But not under High Sierra.

Please help? I don't want a refund, I'd like to continue to play this excellent game. This is "my genre" for games, and I'd hate to lose the opportunity to play it.

How and where can I get a logfile to you if you need it? Can you provide specific instructions?

Is this an unsolveable problem?

Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,

buddhistGAmer

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 25, 2017, 7:52:18 AM

Hello, 

I'm a bit confused.. 

Are you speaking of Endless Space 2 or Endless Space - Disharmony?

Because there is no such game as Endless Space 2 - Disharmony :)

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 9, 2017, 10:46:33 PM

Hello,

I think he is talking about Endless Space 1 Disharmony. I have the same problems with the game and there are some corresponding comments on Steam. It ran fine under macOS Sierra but crashes every time during start up under High Sierra.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 16, 2017, 9:33:30 AM

Just to confirm I have seen other reports of this behavior with High Sierra. Whatever Apple did with High Sierra seems to have broken compatibility with Endless Space, first of the name. We'll update our store page accordingly so that nobody gets the bad surprise of finding out their OS is incompatible with the game.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 17, 2017, 6:46:38 AM

I have Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB, not nVidia. It will help anyway?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 17, 2017, 4:37:11 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

Just to confirm I have seen other reports of this behavior with High Sierra. Whatever Apple did with High Sierra seems to have broken compatibility with Endless Space, first of the name. We'll update our store page accordingly so that nobody gets the bad surprise of finding out their OS is incompatible with the game.

Hello Frogsquadron,

you probably made a mistake. On Steam the requirements for Endless Space 1 are still set to macOS 10.6.7 or higher while the requirements for Endless Space 2 were set to 10.11 to 10.12.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 21, 2017, 7:26:48 PM

On Steam the requirements for ES1 are still set to macOS 10.6.7 or higher! Amplitude only corrects the requirements for ES2 to 10.11 or higher.

At 11/20 you place the game in the MacGameStore and set the requirements to macOS 10.6.8 or higher. No remark that the game does not run under macOS 10.13! You let Mac users believe the game will run under the newest macOS just to make money. Shame on you Amplitude! I will never again buy a game from you!

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 7, 2017, 9:32:58 PM

Some good news!

The macOS 10.13.2 update brought back Endless Space 1 Disharmony. It works fine for me as far as I have tested it.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 3, 2018, 9:15:33 AM
Schulle wrote:

Some good news!

The macOS 10.13.2 update brought back Endless Space 1 Disharmony. It works fine for me as far as I have tested

Was so glad that this fixed it, also good that i just thought about watching

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment