Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crash while doing...things?

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Oct 24, 2017, 2:24:34 PM

I've had several hard locks of the game in the last two days, but only two that generated a Unity crash output log. This is on a computer that I hadn't played Endless Space 2 on until last night, so the fact that I just installed a Nvidia driver update might not be the problem.

There was no obvious connection between the crash and any particular action. I think it was after turns, and while dealing with the after-turn popups that it would freeze. All different types of popup. Sound stops, but comes back. Game doesn't, and doesn't let go of fullscreen. When I alt-tab to the Unity error message, I had to tab blindly to the OK button to close it. Doesn't appear to be some corruption of the game, since every time I've been able to reopen the game and it goes on fine for awhile.

Attached are the relevent logs you ask for in the sticky, from the last time it happened, this morning.

DxDiag.txt

Diagnostics - 2017'10'24 @0920'56''.html

output_log.txt

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 1, 2017, 8:54:31 AM

Having a look thought the error logs the issue is;

An Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module EndlessSpace2.exe at 0033:b3fdbb60.
Read from location ffffffff caused an access violation.

There are quite a few causes for this issue, I would suggest you first check the drivers the game uses are up to date.

First "Verify integrity of game files" on steam, then "browse local files" go to the _CommonRedist folder & run DXSETUP.exe, NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe & vcredist_x64.exe which can be found in the folders there.

If the game continues to crash you may want to check if your RAM has any issues, Memtest86 can be used to check but only do this is you feel technically savvy.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 1, 2017, 7:19:23 PM

Files verified, all the installers run, and in an obliging fashion the game crashed with the same crash within minutes of starting it up. I won't bother posting the crash logs unless you or someone else would like to see them. Memtest isn't going to happen in the short term since I have time and travel issues, but I gotta say I'm dubious about this being a memory issue. I'm not having anywhere near these kinds of crashes with anything but ES2, and I'm not having any other issues that I'd normally peg as memory related. Motherboard starting to creak, possibly, but not memory.

Anyway, thanks for looking at it.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment