I have a laptop with a GSYNC-capable NVIDIA GPU and screen. Every once in a while, the NVIDIA Control Panel (NCP) gets confused with its use of GSYNC and doesn't actually use it when playing some games, but I'm usually able to fix this by tweaking around with the settings for a bit. Helpfully, I'm able to turn on an in-game indicator to show if GSYNC is working or not.

Endless Space 2 never seemed to have these problems with GSYNC, always working perfectly well. But I noticed today after updating my NVIDIA driver (388.31) with a clean install that the graphics were feeling a bit stuttery in-game. When I started testing things, I noticed the GSYNC indicator now never appears with this game, even though it works with others.

The game seems to be running mostly smoothly now anyway, and I have found in the past some games just never seem to use GSYNC and so I switch them in the NCP to use fixed refresh v-sync. However, I thought it was odd that ES2 has changed from working perfectly fine with GSYNC to now not working at all. Has anyone else noticed this?

I know I'm not being clear with the steps I've taken/tested, but I'm just starting this thread to ask if anyone else has noticed this and maybe raise awareness for AMPLITUDE, rather than go through a detailed bug report. It seems to be something that's occurred since the latest game patch or NVIDIA driver update.

EDIT: Here's my DXDiag, if that helps shed some light on anything:
Fuzzball DxDiag, 17.11.17.txt