Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is Hall of Fame working for anyone?

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Nov 20, 2017, 1:36:29 PM

I got the Galactic Statecraft update and had a look at the Hall of Fame screen on the Main Menu. (It actually has another name that I can't remember.) It was empty. I thought this might be because it couldn't use previously completed games from before this update...

But I just won a game as the Lumeris (which I started after the Galactic Statecraft update launched) and my Hall of Fame has remained empty! This is whether the "Mods" switch is clicked on or off. (I don't play with mods.)

Is the Hall of fame working for anyone else? If so, did it include your games from before this update? Did I not get a new entry because I won my Lumeris game while in an Alliance?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 21, 2017, 7:23:22 PM

I've played numerous games since the Galactic Statecraft update, and have not had one single victory record in the Empire Chronicles.  I just did a quick Cravers overrun Sophons match to confirm, so I think the alliance victory isn't the issue.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2018, 3:49:19 PM

Hello,

Could you check if you have a rep called "End Game Summaries" in your documents folder and if it's possible to write in it (parameters; security tab)

If you can send me the diag of your game just after winning the game (if you still have your saves).

*Diagnostic files (located by default under "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files" -- for Mac users: "User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Endless Space 2/Temporary Files") and select the correct file by looking at the name like "Diagnostics - 2016'10'11 @1407'46''" that gives you the date and hour which should correspond to a save file)

*registry

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Endless Space 2\Users\xxxxxxxx\registry.xml

*outputlog

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\output_log.txt

Thanks,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2018, 6:34:55 PM

OK, I've found these files in the Endless Space 2 folder in My Documents and everything seems to have permission to write in. I want to attach the ones I think you're asking for, but for some reason every time I try to upload the files into this forum post, it says "something went wrong". How strange.

In fact, after experimenting here, it seems I can upload some files, but not the particular ones I want to! I can't give you the End Game Summary file from my last completed game (in Version 1.1.0, on 20/11/2017), nor the Diagnostics file (from within "Temporary Files") created at the time the game was won. :(

I can give you:

Diagnostics - 2017'11'20 @1322'40''.html

(This is the diagnostics file seemingly created five minutes after my last completed game. I doubt it will have what you're looking for...)

Lumeris 2 (Victory).sav

(The manual save file I created after winning the game. When the Victory pop up appeared, I clicked to go to the Final Score Screen, went to the main menu, then loaded the last autosave and created this manual save.)

Lumeris 2a.sav

(This is the save file from that same game, just before reaching Victory. Maybe you can replicate the problem?)

Sorry I can't give you the files you need. It's weird that this forum won't let me upload those ones, but will others.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 24, 2018, 3:37:29 PM

OK, I won my first game just now on Version 1.2.1, and again my "Empire Chronicles" remains empty. I still can't seem to upload the relevant files to this forum, so I've uploaded them to a file sharing site. I hope you can access them and they are what you're after:

https://we.tl/UDSn6d8jyk

(No mods are installed.)

I hope this data helps you to get this game records feature working for everyone.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 14, 2018, 11:55:22 AM

We isolated a few days ago (thanks to the help of community member NovaBlazer) an issue with saves dating back from mid-November until January, so I'd recommend deleting your saves files from Nov 10th to January 25th and seeing if the issue persists.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 2, 2018, 11:19:00 PM

Frogsquadron, what exactly are you suggesting? Delete those files from the in-game Load screen? Or delete them in the Endless Space 2 folder in My Documents? Or delete from some other folder in the install location?

And will deleting saves only from within that time period (Nov 10th-Jan 25th) mean later save files work in the Hall of Fame? If games made and saved after January 25th currently aren't working for me, then I don't understand how these older saves are preventing the Hall of Fame working for recent games... But computers are weird, I guess.

Will I be able to restore my save files after I test this out? I like to have a record of save files of all my played games.

(Sorry for slow reply. Have not been on this forum in ages!)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment