Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

First time setup on every game start

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Nov 25, 2017, 1:21:54 PM

Everytime i start the game it performs a "first time setup" that makes the whole startup-process last about 1-2 mins longer. Thankfully no other issues regarding this, but it's annoying.

I could find a fix for Endless Space (1), but it doesn't work for 2, or im not implementing it correctly.

Any ideas?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/208140/discussions/0/846958001173809518/

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 25, 2017, 1:29:57 PM

The App-Id for Endless Space 2 is 392110. Could someone check their regedit for any files that are in that location? I'll create the keys manually..

x86: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\Apps\392110
x64: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam\Apps\392110

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 25, 2017, 1:42:05 PM

There are no keys, you should try going to the _CommonRedist folder in the game install dir and installing all three Redists yourself and if that does not work try renaming the _CommonRedist folder.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 25, 2017, 1:54:39 PM
CyRob wrote:

There are no keys, you should try going to the _CommonRedist folder in the game install dir and installing all three Redists yourself and if that does not work try renaming the _CommonRedist folder.

The individual installing of the three Reidsts did not work. Vcredist crashes when i try to repair it.
I renamed the folder in _CommonRedist_old, this seems to work. It needs a little time to connect to my steam account everytime, and to check the installation, but it takes ~15 sec, waaay better than the ~2-3 minutes it took performing the inital setup before.

Thank you!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 29, 2017, 5:49:36 PM

Note if the vcredists are crashing when manually isntalling that's kinda bad on a 'veyr very very bad' level. It means your OS cant install a core component of the system and is crashing. Honestly that's a canary in the coalmine kind of thing. You should really look into what issue your system has rather than just 'skipping' the installers

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 5, 2017, 7:06:11 AM

Anything else on my system works. Any other game, video or other video-dependant components. The installer doesn't crash, it tells me it cannot continue the installation due to the fact that another setup is currently taking place. But i can't see any. I started closing processes that might look like they are installing something, then the vcredist setup "crashed", i.e. "could not perform setup".

I'll look further into it, thanks for the advice.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment