Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

multiple crashes and lags after turn 110

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Dec 14, 2017, 6:03:48 AM

hello all

my game always starts to lag and crashes start to take place after turn 100 or turn 110, always sometime around turn 100, anyone else has this problem? i don't think it is my computer's problem. my computer runs DOOM on Vulkan without breaking a sweat. 

thanks for reading

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 14, 2017, 6:35:00 PM

You should post in tech support section of the forum. Don't forget to add a dxdiag and a save. 

btw, Doom on Vulkan isn't any indicator. This game is well optimized and runs even on low tier hardware.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 15, 2017, 6:04:05 PM

@fdjw88

What size galaxy are you using, and on what speed, number of factions, etc?  This will make a huge difference if you're using a huge galaxy, with lots of factions.  The lag will be because of all the extra work that needs to be done.

Try cutting down on the galaxy size and number of factions, see if that helps.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 15, 2017, 7:13:26 PM
The_Quasar wrote:

@fdjw88

What size galaxy are you using, and on what speed, number of factions, etc?  This will make a huge difference if you're using a huge galaxy, with lots of factions.  The lag will be because of all the extra work that needs to be done.

Try cutting down on the galaxy size and number of factions, see if that helps.

hello, i was playing on large galaxy with 8 players, game speed was set on fast, AIs were set on Impossible. but after the initial crash, i reloaded the save point, and the crash went away. currently, i'm playing a new game on large map, 8 players, AIs are set on Endless difficulty, and game speed is normal. so far at turn 90. i will see if the crash starts to happen again after turn 100. 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Dec 16, 2017, 10:31:10 AM

Interesting... the problem occurs when you have been playing a while on huge with many AI players... sounds like a possible memory leak.  Hopefully that will be found and corrected.  Good luck with your current game.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment