Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Unable to get past "main screen" after update.

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jan 19, 2018, 11:54:53 PM

Since the latest update I am unable to do anything beyond just starting the game. I get to the main screen where you can select if you wan't to start a new game, load a old game etc but I can not do anything. Pressing new game does nothing, trying to load a game lets me select a save to load but does not load it. If i go into the settings I can not leave and I can not exit the game without using ctrl + alt + delete. This message came up when I tried to use windowed mode instead of fullscreen and a few other times. 

I have tried to verify the integrity of the game cache, no issues found. Tried running as admin, no difference. Tried running the game in compability mode for windows 7, no difference there either. Anyone know what this can be?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 20, 2018, 1:30:43 AM

I'm also having this problem.

Most buttons had simply immediately opened the broken error message posted above or were functionally unresponsive (performed clicking animation + audio cue, but did nothing), after the recent update the game allows me to adjust options somewhat, but attempting to confirm most results in nothing happening and canceling back out brings up the broken error message, again.

Am running Windows 10 x64bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 21, 2018, 4:47:19 AM

Yes, getting the exact same issue. Furthest I can get is to change the resolution clicking the upper Apply button, but it freezes after that, so what's the point.

Now that I think of it. Is anyone else having those specs as well? 64 bit system windows 10 and a 970 card? As far as those are concerned I have the same

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 21, 2018, 4:24:50 PM

I do have the same issue, it's on a 1070 card though.

I've tried starting as admin, win 7 compatability, verify integrity, disable full screen optimization and a full reinstall.

Issue is still occuring.

EDIT:

Updating Razer Synapse, as outlined on the Steam forums seems to have resolved the issue (http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/1693785035811333503/)

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2018, 4:17:19 PM

Hello,

It seems to be a razer synapse related issue. Updating it or remove it must resolved the issue.

We fixed the bug, it will be in the next patch.

Thanks,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2018, 6:30:05 PM

I've never had razer synapse installed on my computer, so I do not understand how the issue could be related to that. I mean I cannot install a program like that in order to make it work, can I? Forgive me for not trying, but it seemed and still seems like a very wild guess, and hardly something that relates to the game?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 24, 2018, 2:17:55 AM
Elysiandragon wrote:

I've never had razer synapse installed on my computer, so I do not understand how the issue could be related to that. I mean I cannot install a program like that in order to make it work, can I? Forgive me for not trying, but it seemed and still seems like a very wild guess, and hardly something that relates to the game?

Note that some programs/software/drivesr will install Razer Synape's SDK and you wont know it. Generally its programs that have 'glowly RBG' programs to control but the underlying SDK used is Razer's

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment