Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sega, Amplitude and Faction intro movies do not play

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jan 27, 2018, 3:24:09 PM

Hi all!

I just upgraded to the Vaulters expansion and have the recurring problem of intro videos and faction videos not playing. (I can see subtitles though for the faction intros)

Here is what I have done myself before posting here:

• I have upgraded my Nvidia drivers to the latest, reinstalled k-lite mega and VLC player (this solved my problem before) and checked the upgrades of .net and direct x (both are current)
  • I am also running dual monitors at 1920x1080 res (only need it to run on my main monitor) in Windows 10 with compatability set for Win7 for Endless Space 2.
  • Went to the common isssues/troubleshooting thread to search for more info. Found and tried some ideas others mentioned there.

The issue still persists.

Would anyone have an idea of what I am missing or alternative solution I could try? (My DxDiag info is attached below.)

Thank you for your help and comments in advance!

Sincerely,

Creston76

Here is my DxDiag information. 

DxDiag.txt

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 30, 2018, 1:36:35 AM

Hi all,

Finally figured this out!  My Turtle Beach Stealth Headset was causing the conflict movies and cinematics.  Once I turned my headset off and switched to a wired connection the issue went away.

Hope this info will help someone else, if needed!

Creston76

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 2, 2018, 4:49:44 PM

Hey I have exactly the same problem but I do not have any kind of wireless devices connected to my PC. Do you have any idea what else might've caused that?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 4, 2018, 12:21:15 PM

I downloaded the k-lite pack recommended in other posts to get this problem to go away.  It still persists if I use my wireless headphone but goes away if I switch to my wired headset.

Creston 76

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment