Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

game crashing

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Feb 17, 2018, 12:38:12 PM

Playing on a larger map with the max amount of ai possible, game keeps crashing every 5 turns, jsut ctds.

I have a bunch of error files the game has created how can I submit them to the dev team for review?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 21, 2018, 9:05:40 AM

Hello,

We are investigate this issue but we haven't been able to reproduce it so far

Could you send us your logs and saves ?

*Diagnostic files (located by default under "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files" -- for Mac users: "User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Endless Space 2/Temporary Files") and select the correct file by looking at the name like "Diagnostics - 2016'10'11 @1407'46''" that gives you the date and hour which should correspond to a save file)

*registry

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Endless Space 2\Users\xxxxxxxx\registry.xml

*outputlog

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\output_log.txt

Thanks,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 21, 2018, 9:30:26 AM

You can upload any file using the white paper symbol, if you are in write comment box.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 26, 2018, 4:04:58 PM

I noticed that most of my crashes in game were related to msmpeg2vdec.dll, and since completely disabling the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder (with Codec Tweaker) I've lost all the in-game videos, but I haven't experienced a single crash - either CTDs or the UI freeze.

There were major bugs with that whole framework around 18 months ago (Windows Support) which were supposedly fixed in Windows Update, but given that I've managed to play multiple full games without a single crash (of either sort) since disabling it, whereas in the entire preceding year I was unable to reach turn 80 without at least a UI freeze, can I suggest you take a look in that direction? I'd quite like to get the in-game videos back, but not if it reintroduces the freezing.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment