Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Recently bought Endless Space 2 on Steam. However, upon startup game crashes

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Mar 18, 2018, 6:06:03 PM
  • Summary / Title: Recently bought Endless Space 2 on Steam.  However, upon startup game crashes
  • Description: Upon startup game crashes with popup message "The game crashed.  The crash report folder named "2018-03-18_102712" next to game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game.  

My  computer exceeds the minimum operating requirements of the game and I am running Windows 10, 64-bit operating system.

I sent the error logs to SEGA Technical support and they directed me here.

Please respond. I am looking forward to playing the game.

• Steps to Reproduce: 1. purchase game from steam. install game on D drive. (note: C drive holds operating system.). attempt to launch game. game crashes.
  • Reproducibility: 9/10 (game fails to start 9 out of 10 times)
  • Expected Behavior: I expect the game to start up when I select launch
  • Version:
  • Notes: I have uninstalled and re-installed game and completed a "Verify Integrity of Game Files" on steam. The issue still persists.
  • Attachments: Zip of error logs.zip

Photo of crash message:

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 19, 2018, 10:59:02 PM

I see you make use of a Radeon Graphics card (perhaps some of your friends do have Radeon graphic card, too?). Latest driver update did start some trouble, so it could be useful to roll back to a previous driver version (as long as it is not fixed). Not sure, if this is the reason in your case, but worth a shot.

Look here: Can't see any weapon effects

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 25, 2018, 10:27:31 PM

Modifying the driver seemed to work.  I tested it the past few days and each time the game was able to start.

Thank you for the help.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment