Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[solved] unable to start the game

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Apr 4, 2018, 1:25:02 PM

i brought endless sapce 2 on steam about a month ago. but could not start the game so i got incontact with sega suport with a support ticket and we could not get the game to start. the issue is when the game starts it playes the logo cut scene then when the load screen starts it gets about a quater of the way then it crashes to the desktop and has no error messge. so they have sent me to this forum 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 5, 2018, 2:16:08 PM

Do you make use of antivirus software (Avast, Avira, BitDefender, i.e.) ? This case my guess is, it blocks the Endless Space 2.exe from execution. You should try to

1) define exception for Endless Space 2.exe/folder within your antivirus software ("whitelist")

2) disable (or uninstall) antivirus software, to check out, if Endless Space 2 runs fine this case

Make sure your drivers are up to date (windows, in case you make use of and graphic card driver).

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 24, 2018, 2:48:20 PM

still unable to start the game, and there seems to be nothing in the way of solutions being posted here. is there anything else other than the antiviris thats stoping the game from running ? DxDiag.txtevent log.txt these are some of the files that the sega tech support got me to take before they told me they cant do anything and told me to try these forums 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 25, 2018, 11:52:40 PM

Perhaps you should try to verify integrity of game files first and if it still doesn't work to uninstall and reinstall game? Or is someone else out here, that knows to find out about the deeper sense of errors reported in linked diagnostics file?

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 26, 2018, 11:07:14 AM

The database of type 'Amplitude.Unity.Localization.LocalizationDatatableElement' failed to load the file 'G:/second libary /steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/Public/Localization\english\ES2_Localization_Assets_Locales.xml'.

Perhaps you know what's wrong about this path, what should finally lead to the english localization files? Not sure, but I wonder especially about: /second libary /... 

Could it be, that the blank symbol past "libary" breaks it? Like I wrote before, be aware I'm far away from beeing competent dealing with these reports...

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 26, 2018, 11:22:08 AM

i dont know whats wrong with the path followed the path there and the file is there. dont know if haveing the game being installed on a extra drive would be the corse . dont know if this matters but is also a copy of that file ES2_Localization_Assets_Locales.xml 

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 2, 2018, 8:38:12 AM

so i installed the game into my main libary and it works so it was the hole thing about the space in the directory 

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment