Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom UI Scaling

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
May 29, 2018, 1:04:44 PM

I have a 1440p 34" ultrawide monitor that I play Endless Space 2 on. It looks lovely and the UI is great.

However, sometimes I like to sit a few feet away on my couch and play using a Steam Controller (which works pretty well). However, the UI elements are just a tiny bit smaller than I'd like when I'm sitting further away.

I noticed that there is 'custom' UI scaling, but it only goes up to 1.00. It would be excellent if there was a way to increase this up to 1.25 or so. Is there any way this can be modified by the end user?

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 29, 2018, 2:18:36 PM

You can edit the UI scaling setting directly by opening the Registry file located in Documents/Endless Space 2/Users/YourSaveID with any text editor and changing the <CustomInterfaceSize>1.0</CustomInterfaceSize> to your desired value BUT even 1.1 overlays some screens on my 1920:1080 monitor,  the game is playable but not everything is visible. It might work on your TV though but I'm not sure.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 29, 2018, 7:25:59 PM

Thanks, I'll check that out and report back!

I've got an Ultrawide (21:9) monitor so maybe it will work better than a standard 1080p (16:9) TV.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 29, 2018, 10:57:38 PM

There is some overlap at 1.1 but only in the vertical direction (because I have an ultrawide monitor I'm sure). I'm going to give it a go for a bit and see if it helps me read text enough to warrant the overlap.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 2, 2018, 1:40:13 PM

I've decided the overlap in the UI isn't worth the easier viewing.

That said, I'd love for a future update to better incorporate Steam Controller support (which is already really good with some community configurations) and a "10 foot" UI, which really just means very slightly bigger font as it is already really good!

Also, ultrawide support is pretty good right now but the intro loading screen gets scaled funny so it gets cut off. See screen shot.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 2, 2018, 2:40:21 PM
Smitty2k1 wrote:

Also, ultrawide support is pretty good right now but the intro loading screen gets scaled funny so it gets cut off. See screen shot.

Same with characters in screen when choosing faction you want to play...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment