Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cant save past turn 1

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jun 20, 2018, 11:18:28 PM

Hey all,

I tried sending in an error report for this a couple weeks ago but I've never gotten a reply.

I can save and load any game on turn 1, but as soon as I start the next round I keep getting the "Serious error has occured" message every turn. No autosaves will work nor can I do it manually.

I really like this game and I love playing as the Vaulters, but its being a real pain if I can't continue into the endgame. I've tried everything on the general fix thread but nothing seems to affect it.

Thoughts?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 21, 2018, 5:48:38 AM

Could you provide logs? (Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary files)

if there are no logs it could mean the game cant write to that location which would also explain the save problem

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 28, 2018, 1:50:46 AM

It looks like a permissions issue on the file folder

My Documents\Endless Space 2\Save Files\Cloud

Test1 : Disable Cloud Saving on Steam

Test2:  Delete the "Cloud" directory, run steam as an admin, try to save

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 29, 2018, 12:26:46 AM

Okay, tried both of these suggestions and still no dice. Here's the current report I'm getting.

I am running on administrator and I've purged all save files to date.

Diagnostics - 2018'06'28 @1817'32''.html

Worse comes to worse, I'm in the process of building a new tower anyway just because this one is literally beginning to fall apart, so I will have to start from scratch soon :/

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 29, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

Its having an issue saving the file. Possibly your anti-virus is causing the conflict?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 30, 2018, 5:42:54 AM

Tried that too, its on every whitelist that I have and I even tried suspending the antivirus to see if that had an effect

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment