Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

low FPS with new update?

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Aug 4, 2018, 10:24:08 PM

been a while since i played ES2. maybe january or so. have around 260 hours on it from before that. i picked up the new expansion yesterday and it feels like my fps is half of what it used to be. did something change in the system requirements?

my machine is pretty old but it was reasonably playable before (in the 30s maybe). now it's super laggy just when scrolling around the map, like 10-18fps, and the tech tree screen is slower yet, like 6-8fps.. i tried dropping from "fast" to "fastest" and no noticeable improvement.

did anyone else notice that the game is much slower than it used to be? it's not like i was getting blazing fps before but at least scrolling the map wasn't constantly stuttering. this is very early game there is literally only 3 systems exposed and my vineship and scout.

any suggestions welcome. i have a feeling that i may just have to shelve this one for a while until i can get a better videocard.

the one i'm using is a GTX650 with 1Gig ram. but it's puzzling that it used to be so much smoother. other than the force field looking thing on my home system it doesn't seem like the graphics are subtantially different or more complex?

cheers

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 4, 2018, 10:31:31 PM

ugh. i started searching the forums more for info about this and found a post i forgot i made about 7 months ago asking the exact same question. i guess that explains why i hadn't played much since january lol. oh well haha

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 5, 2018, 4:35:06 PM

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I haven't played since december, and it worked great, 60 fps at all time. Now, my fps fluctuates between 40 and 60, and the technology screen does indeed make it drop quite significantly.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 12, 2018, 7:39:14 PM

Maybe you have an issue with steam?

I experience a huge FPS drop whenever the new steam chat window is open (down to 20 fps in 2K). When I close the chat window both in steam overlay and in system the FPS goes back to normal 60+

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment