Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

(Pc) Once in game Can't start a new game or load an old one (Solved)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Sep 20, 2018, 12:49:45 AM

Endless Space 2 will not let me start a new game. Whenever I get in game and try to start a game nothing happens. Every option stops working after I click new game. The only way to exit the game is Alt+F4.  I tried searching the internet and couldn't find anything recent and nothing I have tried has worked. I tried uninstalling, tried moving it to a different hard drive, removing every single file having to do with endless space 2,  I deleted all the mods I had installed, and I tried loading a past save which doesn't work either. I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my issue

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 20, 2018, 8:12:37 AM

There is not much we can shed light on as we have little information to work with.

I suggest you upload your latest diagnostic file (found in %My Documents%\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files) zip it first if >4MB

Also a save file that you can't load & output_log.txt (found in Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data)

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 21, 2018, 8:46:00 AM

Looks like there is an error "IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range" after  "Session.RefreshLobbySlotCount(11)" 

Try to make a game with different numbers of empires & post the diagnostic here again if it continues (really not sure what would cause this)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 22, 2018, 1:36:27 AM

Once I hit new game every option on the menu stops working and I don't get brought to the screen where I can select the game settings. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 22, 2018, 9:29:45 AM

I can only make guesses on what to try (I'm a member of the community, not an Amplitude Employee) 

Perhaps delete Registry.xml in \%My Documents%\Endless Space 2\Users\[SteamID]\Registry.xml

It holds all your game settings, also could try editing it particularly CompetitorCount & SlotX's

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 22, 2018, 3:24:06 PM

If you are using Steam to play ES2 have you tried verifying your game?

In the event you don't know how to do that...

Open your Steam Library.    Right click on ES2.    Select "Properties".    Select "Local Files" tab.    Select "Verify integrity of game files"

You will have to wait while Steam checks and replaces any files. Shouldn't take too long depending on your internet connection.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 24, 2018, 1:22:42 AM

Cyrob I would like to say thank you, I deleted that file and now I am able to start and load new games. I'm very happy I can go back to playing endless space 2. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment