Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

ES2 freezes when trying to make next turn (118)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Dec 3, 2018, 11:25:47 PM
  • Steps to Reproduce: tap "next turn"
  • Expected Behavior: game freeze (Not responding)
  • Version: 1.3.27 S5 GOLD Public
  • Description

The game on turn 118.

After clicking "next turn" ES2 freezes . The ES2 status In the Windows Task Manager  - "Not responding" 

Please, try to make next turn with my game save - I would like to know if this is a trouble with my PC or with ES2 again.

• Notes:

I have done a integrity check with steam. 

I have the last updates on windows and video driver. I am using K-Lite Codeck Pack Full latest version. 

PC: WIN7/64bit. Intel Corei5 3.3GHz, Corsair 16GB, SSD Intel 240 GB, Asus NVidia GTX 950. 

• Attachments:

DxDiag.txt

RIFT-16 photobomber.sav

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 4, 2018, 10:28:35 AM

I have not been able to reproduce this crash on my end, but I've sent it off to QA so they can take a look.

P.S. Next turn was your victory, anyway.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 4, 2018, 5:00:32 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

I have not been able to reproduce this crash on my end, but I've sent it off to QA so they can take a look.

P.S. Next turn was your victory, anyway.

Thank you very much. Indeed my PC is not the most modern, that is why I was so eager to test this save by somene else .

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 4, 2018, 6:33:24 PM

Well,  your test hinted at me picking on my OS. And I have found the sticking point. It is the confrontation of ES2 witn Comodo Internet Security . 

In march 2018 I had similar issue and wrote about it on the steam forums. I though that developers of ES2 already solved this issue. 

Sometimes it happens on the victory turn. I think that on this turn ES2 wants something from the internet and not asking it politly , like all other programms on my PC do. It is the only app that have this kind of troubles with CIS, despite being added in the list of trusted files and it`s folder has been scanned with Comodo (not by the reason of sence but for the purity of the experiment).

Anyway I better let comodo live - it is not hard to turn it off to see the last screen of the game and then turn it on again :)

Though it did not worked with another save I posted here earlier. There is so much work to do with ES2... because battles with the engine of the program are not as exciting as battles with allien space races!

And encouraging news is that ES2 fully support G-Sync feature on my PC now, like all other programms! They did it, yeah! 

My post on the steam discussions at 28 Mar 2018 :

Rivals:
Endless Spase 2 (v1.2.18-1.2.20) / Comodo Internet Security Premium (10.2)

Playing ES-2 about 2 weeks.
No bugs and no glitches from the beginning until the last turn.
And when the next turn hits the game victory conditions - game hangs after pressing button "End Turn".
Tried it twice! After the first time I decided to start a new game and got this trouble again.

Turning off all Comodo services solved this. I`ve made my turn and got Victory screen and movie...

I have spent few hrs trying to solve this puzzle. I have made all steps from troubleshooting guide pinned on the first page of this forum. But nothing helped. Even the minor freeze when exit from the loaded game directly on the desktop still happend every time. Yes I added ES-2 in all CIS services (firewall and so on), but it did not helped - every time I got freeze and message "Endless Space 2 is not responding" .
Only disable all Comodo services helped me to made this turn.
No game before had no problems with CIS on my PC. Niether offline games nor online - plenty of them.

Also I have solved the freeze on exit game. I have turned off "NVIDIA G-Sync". Now I can exit from the loaded game on the windows desktop without freeze. Before this to avoid "exit" freeze I should exit to game main menu and then to the Desktop.

And maybe helpful advise - save and load game each time when graphic settings changed. Especially when changing the frame rate in game options and refresh rate - otherwise it may cause freeze. Like it was in my case.
It seems that Frame Rate option and Refresh rate of the monitor must be the same - more stable in my case.

SOFT:
Win7 (64bit) SP1 up to date.
NVIDA Driver 391.01
GPUtweakII 1.6.0.5 in default OC mode.
DX 11

HARD:
MB: ASUS P8Z68
CPU: Intel corei5 2500k (OC=4.4 GHz)
ROM: Corsair 16GB (1600)
GC: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX950 (2GB)
HD: Intel SSD 256 GB
Display: Asus PG248Q (G-Sync) /DisplayPort
(All firmware/bios up to date, even DVD-ROM)

Game options = all turned on
Display = Full screen 1920x1080(143)
Video Quality Level = Fantastic
V-Sync Count = 1:1

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 4, 2018, 7:15:27 PM

Thank you very much. Indeed my PC is not the most modern, that is why I was so eager to test this save by somene else .

Same, my pc is not strong and i feel like game might be optimized bad for low end pcs.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 19, 2019, 11:49:19 AM

While it worked for me, somebody else has managed to reproduce the error. Sadly, that's all the info I have for you right now.

Maybe it is the righ time for the question - was this error fixed already? I want to start a new game in ES2 , but I am in fear to meet The Mysterious Endless Pending...

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 19, 2019, 3:10:19 PM

We fixed one major source of pending turns, but I can't tell if this was caused by that problem, as I would need the original diagnostics file to make sure it's the same error.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 19, 2019, 9:37:04 PM

We fixed one major source of pending turns, but I can't tell if this was caused by that problem, as I would need the original diagnostics file to make sure it's the same error.

Files, that attached in the first post is not enough?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 20, 2019, 11:26:19 AM

Sadly the specific error we fixed only shows in the diagnostics file, not the dxdiag.

And we have had one or two patches that broke compatiblity of old saves, so attempting to load the save is not indicative of whether this particular instance of the problem was fixed.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 20, 2019, 5:45:13 PM

Sadly the specific error we fixed only shows in the diagnostics file, not the dxdiag.

And we have had one or two patches that broke compatiblity of old saves, so attempting to load the save is not indicative of whether this particular instance of the problem was fixed.

Ok. In my case it was the confrontation of ES2 witn Comodo Internet Security .  So to repeat this crash we need to make a last (winning) turn in any actual ES2 game with a CIS runnung in the background. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 22, 2019, 4:21:24 PM

I already checked it myself. Started a new game on 1.5.11 S5 Gold Public. And ES2 is still in conflict with the Comodo Internet Security on the victory turn. 

There is also tens of other games I played for the last few years, and tens of other proramms I am using on my PC every day, and only ES2 needs CIS servises to be turned off. And for the last 10 years there was only 2 reasons for that on my PC. The other one is some specific windows update. Only once. And ES2 needs this every time, when victory turn happens. Veeery odd issue...

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 23, 2019, 9:18:14 AM

I've used CIS for a while and never had a problem you describe. Maybe add few rules to it? Add ES2 as trusted to HIPS and firewall. I usually add whole Steam Library folders to exclusion list of services.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 26, 2019, 6:13:28 PM
Sublustris wrote:

I've used CIS for a while and never had a problem you describe. Maybe add few rules to it? Add ES2 as trusted to HIPS and firewall. I usually add whole Steam Library folders to exclusion list of services.

I did it all. Anyway CIS asking about this on the first run of the new programms. But I`ve cheked it again. And redone all permissions.

And ES2 works fine. And others games from steam too. But crush only happens on victory turn pending.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 27, 2019, 3:24:49 PM

It also generates save files in "my documents" directory, maybe you left those protected? Anyway, have you tried to switch CIS in learning mode, finish the game and switch back to safe mode? Either it will create rules necessary for you on its own, or you need to seek assistance on COMODO forums, not here.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment