Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Multiplayer AI not loading

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jan 7, 2019, 7:28:31 AM

Good afternoon,

I am trying to play a multiplayer game with one human and several AI.  The game speed is set to normal.  We have found that the only way for the game not to freeze is to abandon any movement/clicking/minimizing until the AI bubbles are filled in.  However, this does not always work, and leaves us at a disadvantage if we are trying to issue a command before the AI does.  If we try to move upon the completion of a turn, then the game will freeze.  We will then have to re-load our most recent save.  This is very frustrating after every turn.  Often times when the game freezes, the human player can quit the game, and the AI will move once again.   We are also experiencing desync issues about every tenth turn.  We are both on a landline internet, and everything is up to date.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be causing this issue or how to fix it?   

Thank you, and have a good day.    

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 11, 2019, 12:33:56 PM

Quick update to my own post...

I am still encourtering all of these bugs.  Whenever the non-host player leaves the game, the game will start to work again.  The turn will end, and the AI will finish filling in their bubbles.  It may be worthy to note that I am in the Middle East, and they are in the United States of America.  Sometimes I try to use a VPN to see if that will make the game finish it's turn, but that does not happen often.  We have no issues playing other games like this, so I am curious as to why Endless Space 2 is such a hassle.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 18, 2019, 9:40:30 PM

It's been a bit of time since I posted this and nothing.  Simply wanted to play the game with friends and wondered why we are not able to have the same loads, setup and then not be able to build a custom race.  That's okay as the ones who were wanting to join us have since canceled their plans to purchase the game.

Funny thought, I saw today that there is an addon or DLC: Endless Space - Penumbra.  What's interesting is that for the past few months, not one word or found search solotion... but now another race to play that we can't play together unless its vanilla, yet the person launching the game is the only one able to customize it.  Ah well, I am  pushing for friends to not purchase the game since the people who made it, took no time to tell me what was going on.

Good luck with that guys... And I touted this game as a fantastic deal, with fun races, great customization and days of multi play... not true.

Laterz

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 21, 2019, 9:52:36 AM

Another quick update to my post...

It seems that if we start a game with fewer AI, and make the map size smaller than Huge, the game will run without problems.  Also, the host was downloading files via qBittorrent v3.3.6 while we were playing.  Once we stopped the downloads, along with the other changes, the game has not had a problem. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 30, 2019, 3:06:31 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your thread when you originally started it. I had seen the post, but had not replied immediately, and then it slipped through the cracks as other questions popped up.

I'm glad to hear you seem to have found the root of the issues, and I will keep it in mind in the future if anybody else has similar issues.

I hope you and your friend are now enjoying the game.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment