Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Warning, your XML is bad and you should feel bad.

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jan 27, 2019, 5:32:43 PM

10/10 joining an MP game - or anyone else joining my game, this shows up, I checked file integrity, it fixed something, it still shows up, I reinstalled the whole game, still show up, I cleared documents, still shows up, I even went looking into app data, but found nothing there to delete.
Where do i find the incriminated XMLs and what do I fix?

Thank you

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 30, 2019, 3:19:26 PM

This is odd. Did everybody else verify the integrity of their game as well?

In a case like this, I would suggest opening the properties of Endless Space 2 in Steam, go to local files, Browse Local Files, and delete the folder called "public," then verify the game cache to force Steam to redownload the folder. Of course, everybody involved in the match has to do so to put you all on the same (xml) page

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 30, 2019, 9:23:16 PM

Ok I have attempted your proposed solution, it did not help. Well - I just ventured and attempted to join a random game afterwards, and still got the message.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 31, 2019, 8:55:37 AM

That is odd. I don't think there should be xml files anywhere other than the Public folder. Was either of you possibly on the Preview Branch?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 31, 2019, 11:46:23 AM

It showed on release day, so I suppose it was prior to that branch being released.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 3, 2019, 2:47:54 AM

Having the same issue.

All DLCs owned on both ends.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 4, 2019, 1:53:26 PM

This is peculiar. The Public folder should be the only place that contains xml files, other than the Registry.xml that stores your game settings. Since the common solution for this doesn't work, I'll pass this along to the team for a proper investigation.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment