Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game Freezes towards end of game

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Feb 8, 2019, 7:18:02 PM

I have played as two different races.  In both games, towards the end of the game (turns 215 and 268, respectively) the game freezes when I hit the "next turn button".  The little radar animation gets though about 3/4 of the circle and everything freezes.  

I am running ES2 through steam on a PC with an intel i7-7700K and GeFroce GTX 1010 (vesion 418.81) with 16GB RAM.  

Any ideas?

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 11, 2019, 7:58:37 PM
  • Summary / Title: The game freezes when I hit the "next turn" button
  • Description: If I hit the "next turn" button, the game freezes.
  • Steps to Reproduce: This happens for all of the games I have played so far.  I am not sure what is causing it to happen.
  • Reproducibility: For these two saved games, it happens every time at this point, one at turn 215 and one at turn 268.
  • Expected Behavior: The game would proceed to its next turn.
  • Version: V1.4.7 S5 GOLD-Public
  • Notes
  • Attachments: Empire.sav  New Game 1.sav
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 12, 2019, 9:21:07 AM

Hey,

thanks for the saves. I've checked them, and in both cases you would win at the end of that turn. Recently, we had another report of the game crashing on the victory turn, and it turned out to be related to the cutscene. Could you try using "-novideo" in the Launch Options (accessed in the Properties window of the game in your steam library), and see if the game still crashes when you end the turn on those two saves?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 13, 2019, 9:14:23 AM

Thank you. I'll pass all your files and information along. In the meantime, please make sure all your graphics drivers are up to dateto ensure the best compatibility.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 13, 2019, 6:58:25 PM

Thank you.  They should all be updared, but I will check again.  I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, to no effect. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 13, 2019, 10:58:50 PM

NVIDIA came out with a new driver today, so I installed that.  Widows also updated the Display Adapter Driver for the Intel HD Graphics 630. It did not solve the problem, unfortunately.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 9, 2020, 7:21:11 AM

The error in the log is:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This comes up a lot these days. It pretty much means Unity is unhappy, but that could be for a lot of reasons.

Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 has fixed it.

You can also try set "-force-opengl" in the Steam launch options. To do so, right click the game in Steam, go to properies, then click on "Set Launch Options...". That has fixed it.

If you are missing Mono you can also try installing it then copying the Mono folder to steamapps. You can find the installer for Mono here. I haven't actually seen this fix or the ones below work. The real problem is not that you are missing Mono, it looks for something in Microsoft .NET and when it can't find that it resorts to looking for Mono.

This could be caused by not having Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2. You can download it here.

You can try installing C++ Redistributables (vcredist). It can be found here: x86 (32 bit OS) x64 (64 bit OS)

You can also try going to the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/" Folder and deleting the mono folder then verify the games files with steam. It should redownload the folder correctly.

The devs have commented there is a known issue with Unity and non-English characters, they said: Some people using non-english OS and international characters in their steam path could not launch the game. Such characters are badly handled by the low level layer of Unity, Mono. We have performed a workaround in the code, (better than having to reinstall Steam to a path without accents)  waiting for a cleaner solution from Unity.

I have seen others propose a fix to this that involves deleting fonts which are corrupted. Are you using a non-English computer?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment