Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Game Crashed when Victory Condition was fulfilled.

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Feb 10, 2019, 7:18:09 PM

Hi,

My save file caused Endless Space 2 to lock up fatally, and nearly lock up my entire system. This occurred when I hit end turn after having fulfilled the conditions of a Science Victory and leaving an alliance on the same turn.

Perhaps of note my save was riddled with assorted other irritating but not program-crashing bugs, such as 6 instances of identical "Trove" systems, Quests becoming permanently unable to progress when conditions were fulfilled in an unorthodox way (i.e. quest to scan a system popped up *after* I had already finished scanning a system; quest to turn an outpost into a colony on a given planet became locked up when another civ colonized that planet, but remained locked when I later conquered that colony and occupied it, etc.) and other small glitches and inconsistencies. 

I have attempted to attach the diagnostics file as requested, and each time it has said "Something has gone wrong. Please try again." I have tried this five times without success.

I have attached the output log and dxdiag as requested, as those did upload successfully. 

2019 Feb 10 DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 11, 2019, 9:00:10 AM

Hey, thanks for the report.

Since you say you had a number of other bugs, I suspect the diagnostics file may be too large for the G2G uploader. Could you try putting it in a zip file and uploading that? If possible, include the (auto)save of the final turn as well.

In the meantime, I would like to say that recently another user had a similar issue of the game crashing when they achieved victory, and they solved it by updating their video codec.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 11, 2019, 10:11:20 PM

Diagnostics - 2019'02'09 @1648'08''.rarAutoSave 208.sav

Thank you for your quick reply.

I do not know what is meant by updating my video codec. A quick google led me to other support threads that involved redirecting links that I did not want to follow without confirmation of their relevance. Can you please elaborate?

I have attached the other files as requested. Thank you.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 12, 2019, 9:02:05 AM

In broad, simplified terms, the video codec is a piece of software that translates the stored data of video files into images to be displayed on screen. We have had issues sometimes with outdated video codecs, as seen in the Common Issues thread:

Cannot see the videos

If you have a 3rd party codec pack like K-Lite or others fun a FULL update on it. An older ffmpeg.dll file can cause the game to crash.

Things to look for
* Klite Codec Pack
* VLC Player

Alternatively, you can use "-novideo" as game launch option to disable ALL videos.

Of course, the immediate solution to test if this may be the issue is to use the -novideo option described here.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 17, 2019, 8:32:43 PM

Hi there,

Since I have no third party video codec, I am assuming that solution is not relevant. What steps, if any, would I now take? Thanks. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 1, 2019, 9:10:21 AM

It WAS a possibility on SOME systems/OS's.

Any news for us since then?  I am curious for the knowledge.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 2, 2019, 7:32:01 AM
blueauran wrote:

It WAS a possibility on SOME systems/OS's.

Any news for us since then?  I am curious for the knowledge.

This is an error of 9 months ago.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment