Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Game image freeze but not the game itself and sometimes game Crash

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Feb 18, 2019, 11:03:08 AM

Hello,

Until few days ago i was able to play the game with no problem. But now, i can't launch a new game or load a save.

The problems i encounter:

Problem 1: The game image freeze but not the game itself. 

Usually it happens at the end of the faction loading screen when you start a new game. When the loading is finished, the loading screen stay but i can hear the faction beginning video. And When the video is finished, i can hear the sounds when you open menu with f1,f2... and the sound when you click on something or press escape.  So the game didn't completely freeze.

This also happened twice in the main menu of the game. The image freeze but i hear the sound when i click. Example: i blindly clicked on new game, faction selection, and i could hear that faction click speech.

Problem 2: The game crash at the end of the new or saved game loading.

Mainly happened when i tried to launch the game in Windows 7 compatibily mode and launch as administrator.

My supposed cause of the problem:

I recently installed the platform 'Origin' and the game "Apex legends". AT the end of the game installation there was a list of "Microsoft visual c++ ...." that you have to install.

That the only noticeable change that happened on my computer between the game work and the game doesn't work states.

Here a screenschot of the list of "Microsoft Visual ..." already installed. In blue, the one that have been changed during or after the installating of "Apex Legend" (the game was installed the 15 february)

Solution i tried:

- Steam - Verify the integrity of the Endless space 2 files

- Reinstallation of the game

- Windows seven compatibility mode

- Launch as administrator

I didn't tried to change the "Microsoft visual c++ ...." yet as i'm concerned this may affect "Apex Legends" with no guarantee of solving my problem. Which is why i'm posting my problem on your forum first. 

Two diagnostic:

bugged at the loading screen:

Diagnostics - 2019'02'18 @1102'14''.html

Freeze of the main menu:

Diagnostics - 2019'02'18 @1115'07''.html

There was no output logs file to be found.

Thank you

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 23, 2019, 11:32:22 AM

After reinstalling Microsoft visual C++ 2005 and 2012 i couldn't get pass the game loading screen leading to the main menu.

Browsing through the forum, found a fix in another topic.

added " -force-opengl" to the launch options 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment