Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Not able to use Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Mar 1, 2019, 11:38:51 AM

Hi,

I am using Steam to play the game, if it's of any importance.

CPU: Ryzen 1600 | GPU: Vega 56 (reference) | MBO: AsRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac | RAM: 2×16 GB 3200 Samsung b-die | SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB

TV: 2013 Samsung Smart TV (1080p) | Monitor: LG 25UM58 (1080p)

I have Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) enabled in Catalyst Control Panel and have tried multiple drivers since at least a year ago. Currently, using latest drivers.

The option to choose a larger resolutions than native for my TV or monitor are present, but if I choose anything higher the game reports it as changed, but it doesn't actually change the resolution.

Tried it by taking a screenshot of the game and then pasting in a paint software and the screenshot is always 1080p, unlike all other games that give me the screenshot in the chosen resolution.

Also, in all other games when using VSR the resolution of the screen changes to a larger one when starting the game, but with Endless Space 2 this never happenes.

This is, in other games, apparent with Steam overlay and steam notifications being smaller on the screen.

What can I do to actually use VSR or maybe super sampling anti aliasing as I can't manully set in options any anti aliasing?

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment