Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Cannot create manual saves

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Mar 2, 2019, 1:24:41 AM

When in a game, if I open the page to make a manual save, it shows my save list as being empty. The save icon at the bottom right of the page is greyed out and doesn't let me click on it. The only action I can do from the save page is cancel and go back to the previous game-state. 

Autosaves do work, however. I can see the autosaves when I go to the load menu and can load them successfully. They also appear in Documents/EndlessSpace2/Save Files/

I've checked to make sure that the My Documents folder and the saves folder are writable, they are. I've tried running steam and EndlessSpace2.exe in admin mode. I've verified game cache. I've made sure that my anti-virus is not interacting with ES2. I looked around and saw plenty of posts from people with save issues, but none of them were like this and none of their solutions are working for me.

This was the case the first time I ran the game on Feb 07 (ENDLESS SPACE 2 V1.4.6.44076 S5 GOLD-Public 64-bit) and subsequent sessions including today (ENDLESS SPACE 2 V1.4.9.44262 S5 GOLD-Public 64-bit). I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

No crashes or any errors, so I'm not sure if diagnostic or output files will help. Here they are just in case.

-Diagnostics - 2019'03'01 @1943'54''.html

-output_log.txt

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 4, 2019, 10:51:49 AM

Have you been able to save the game before, after clicking on the line at the bottom and entering a name for your save? If you were able to save before, do you have any idea what has changed? Was there anything other than the recent patch (1.4.9), like a Windows update or anything?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 4, 2019, 2:19:25 PM

I have never been able to save the game, I have so far only played one tutorial game and another single player game. Also, to what "line at the bottom" are you referring to?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 4, 2019, 2:28:33 PM

Just above the CAncel, Delete, and Save buttons is a darker line, which says "Select a game to save or type its name." You have to click on that line to enter a new name for a save.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 4, 2019, 2:31:39 PM

:O

Oh, I never suspected that the bar was actually an input field. 

Sure enough, as soon as I put a single character in there it let me create a save, and as soon as I had one manual save in the list it also started displaying all of my previous autosaves. I was so used to Endless Legend automatically naming the saves that I thought ES2 would do it as well.

MY BAD! Thanks kindly, The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales <3

0Send private message
Comment