Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Crashes after varying turns?

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Apr 28, 2019, 4:15:49 PM

I use to play Endless Space 2 a good bit, right before the Hissho update, and the game worked perfectly. The game is great and I absolutely love it. The reason I stopped is because I began playing Republic Commando, thus causing a nostalgic trip through various other games that I use to play. Upon returning to the game, I noticed that it often crashes after...maybe 50ish turns? It varys. Granted, I'm on a laptop, and an Acer at that, but, again it's worked perfectly in the past. It's happened when exiting the diplomacy screen, ending the turn, and I think when applying laws.

Hey, and a new one! I just recieved an endless "save," thing. I had to go to task manager and shut down Endless Space 2 from there because the exit buttons were blacked out from a "save game in progress" notice. I could view the map and everything, move around, but the game was just stuck ending the turn and saving (I waited a good bit for it to load, too). Plus, some graphical glitches. 

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

file:///C:/Users/dude0/OneDrive/Documents/Endless%20Space%202/Temporary%20Files/Diagnostics%20-%202019'04'28%20@1143'33''.html   (Todays, with graphic glitch and saving issue)

file:///C:/Users/dude0/OneDrive/Documents/Endless%20Space%202/Temporary%20Files/Diagnostics%20-%202019'04'26%20@1640'25''.html 

file:///C:/Users/dude0/OneDrive/Documents/Endless%20Space%202/Temporary%20Files/Diagnostics%20-%202019'04'22%20@1846'40''.html 

file:///C:/Users/dude0/OneDrive/Documents/Endless%20Space%202/Temporary%20Files/Diagnostics%20-%202019'04'20%20@1132'12''.html (I think these are where thr crash occured?)

Screenshots of graphical glitch and endless save (the UI also flashed a good bit when moving the camera occassionally, while waiting.).

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 29, 2019, 8:04:54 AM

I'm afraid you grabbed the wrong links for the diagnostics files (those are your local files, not the ones in the cloud), but I did take a look at the output_log.txt.

That file says something about running out of memory... Though according to your DxDiag, your RAM meets the recommended specs. Could you check your RAM use if another program might be using a lot of it?

Playing games on smaller galaxies with fewer players may help to alleviate the problem until we figure out what's wrong.

The "save in progress" bug is probably unrelated to the crashes, but I can not tell for sure without the diagnostic files (and ideally a save of the turn before it happens.)

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 29, 2019, 2:01:39 PM

It might actually be the RAM. I'll get back to you soon (ish) when I test some stuff. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment