Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Consistent crash on Windows 10

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2020, 4:20:54 PM

ES2 crashes at start of game, using no mods and running on Windows 10. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times. Where can I find the dump file to send in for evaluation? and where do I send it?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2020, 5:09:40 PM

Hello there! I have moved your thread from the Endless Space 1 forum to the Endless Space 2 forums so you get more adequate help.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2020, 9:11:32 PM

for some reason not all informatino in the reply. Found no Dx file, how do I attach the files?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 8, 2020, 12:14:27 PM
darkmaze wrote:

how do I attach the files?

When replying here, hit the plus symbol on top (right) and choose the symbol left to minus symbol.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 12, 2020, 6:38:45 PM

darkmaze - from your output log, this appears to be the issue:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

Can you check to see if that file exists? If it does, it might be a file permission error. Try running the EXE as an administrator.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2.exe

If the file does not exist, try verifying your ES2 game files in Steam. (Right click ES2 from your library, click "Properties" from the menu, then in the Properties window, click the "Local Files" tab, then click the "Verify Integrity of Game Files" button, and see if that reinstalls the mono app and the file exists after.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 14, 2020, 3:53:21 PM

The path and file for mono does not exist: 

steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

Running as administrator still have the failure

Verified through Steam with no issues, stil no change and no mono.exe file installed

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 14, 2020, 7:00:15 PM

Discovered the apparent issue. When selecting the faction to play I found that the Umbral Choir was selected. I do not own that expansion pack and had not played since before it was released and I assume the available selection added to the factions list. Once I removed that selection the game opened.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment