Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Stuttering every few secconds.

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2020, 11:05:39 PM

I've been playing this game for a good ammount of time now and i can't ignore this issue anymore. ARound turn 15 i start getting stuttering in the middle of my turn. I know when i end my turn it's supposed to lag a little with it getting worst and worst over the turns because it has to load the ai. That's fine and all but my issue is that the stuttering happends while it's my turn in single and multiplayer. I'm running on the fastest graphics smode. Tripple buffering is off. Vync is off and i still get this stuttering. I don't know what else to do. I set this game on high priority and i even rebooted my pc and gone straight to endless space 2 making sure the only thing running is steam,ebdless and my av but still stuttering. I'm going to try running CleanMem to see if that works. When i stutter i quickly go to task to see if there is anything wrong and i do see a dip in gpu levels but that might be me alt tabbing idk. 

My specs are 

17-6700k

z170 mobo

gtx 1080

32gb ram

Win 10

Win 10 is on a m.2

please help me with this issue it's driving me crazy

ALSO one more thing i used nvidia inspector to force the game to 59fps and still when it stutters it drops to 2fps then climbs back to 59

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2020, 11:29:22 PM

Ok so i can confirm that when ever i get these micro stutters my GPU (gtx 1080) has a dip to around 10% same with the "copy" section. When i play endless space my gpu goes to around 60-65% then takes a dip. Is there any fix to this? When i have the game alt tabbed right now it's 33% 

2.4gb out of 8.0gb Deticated

2.5 out of 24gb GPU memory

0.1 out of 16gb Shared memory

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 29, 2020, 1:33:36 PM

Also whenever a new popup/menu opens my fps tends to drop now aswell. I didint have any of these issues a few weeks ago?

Edit: whenever i make a choice or check a battle pop up it drops to 1-20fps from 60 wtf is actually going on?!? the game is unplayable like this. I have the resolution all the way down, game is on high priority and graphics are on fastest. Is there a fix i can't play the game at all. It hard stutters now freezing everything even my mouse for a seccond 

BTW I reverted all changes i made in nvidia inspector back to it's defult form and nope issue is still happening.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 29, 2020, 4:40:15 PM

This is very very Strange, the game isin't even using all of the resources avalible to it I.E the CPU n GPU. It seems to limit itself and when i stutter it cpu n gpu levels dips hard. Could it be that the game has a hard time using multiple cores? Is it having a hard time multithreading? Would the game benifit from limiting the ammount of cores? Ever since I installed CleanMem i haven't seen any memory leaks as of yet but i'll update if the memory leak is truely fixed or not. But what i think is causing all this stuttering is when I end my turn and start playing on the next turn all the AI starts to move their ships. This game has a bad time calcing all of the ai movment when playing with 8 comps. That would explain why my experiences on multiplayer are slightly better compaired to single player,because in multiplayer it's just me and my friends moving on our turn and in single player when the turn ends. Everybody starts moving...... Is there a way to make it so when it's my turn in single player only I move???? then when i end my turn all the other AI moves? Sorry for the bad grammer,punctuation and spelling i'm just really dissapointed that it's taking me this long to find an answer to this. It's reallly annoying. Anyways back to testing.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 2, 2020, 12:09:39 AM

Try forcing triple buffering and v-sync via nvidia.

Or AMD equivalent.

Disable v-sync in game.

It helped for me.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 2, 2020, 3:39:54 AM
Keimpe wrote:

Try forcing triple buffering and v-sync via nvidia.

Or AMD equivalent.

Disable v-sync in game.

It helped for me.

That does nothing for my issue it doesin't matter if it's on or off 

Here is a picture of my gpu dips whenever i stutter in endless space 2 https://imgur.com/a/FVfarSI 

EDIT: I'm on turn 40 with my friend on a 1v1 spiral galaxy 2 and i'm stuttering every 3-5 secconds. I Genuanly have no idea wtf is going on. He's not stuttering at all only when the turn ends which is normal but throughout the turn he doesin't. Even if im idle no matter what the screen is it stutters fps drops to single digets then comes back up.

EDIT EDIT: I'm going to contact support and see what happends i'll post it here if i find a fix before hand.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 3, 2020, 12:25:03 AM

Have you tried setting the energy option in the Nvida Controlle Panel to adaptive instead of optimized? If that doesn`t work try Maximum Performance  for this game.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2020, 6:20:28 AM

I'm on windows 10 I dont have Nvidia Control pannel, Nvidia wanted to start acting scummy so control pannel isint included with driver updates anymore. I have nvidia Inspector and yes I have everything on max performance. Nothing ison power saving mode tha's not the issue

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2020, 10:24:42 PM
SSLandyMann wrote:

I'm on windows 10 I dont have Nvidia Control pannel, Nvidia wanted to start acting scummy so control pannel isint included with driver updates anymore. I have nvidia Inspector and yes I have everything on max performance. Nothing ison power saving mode tha's not the issue

Ok to make sure, I`m not talking about GeForce Experience I`m talking about the Control Panel that usually opens when you right click on your desktop. I`m not even sure if you can remove that, can you? Maybe you shoud start there, a new clean driver installation, if you don`t want all that stuff you can choose so during the installation or use a little programmm called NVSlimmer to remove even more things you don`t need. You can cap frames in the game (V-Sync seems to work best for me) or also now in the Nvidia control panel - no need for an external tool. 

Also if it is a heat issue like the other user suggested and you really have all things on maximum all the time I would switch GPU & CPU to adaptive - no need to waste energy, produce heat and shorten the lifespan of your hardware when the game runs fine with less power.

Do you run the game on a SSD?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 6, 2020, 9:01:33 AM

Negative, I don't have Nvidia Control pannel installed. I know what program you're talking about i've had it when i had windows 7. Like I said Windows 10 Removed it from the base installation and now you're forced to get it on the microsoft store which is a bloaded buggle mess from what i know. My drivers are up to date. I'll check out NVSlimmer but idk I already removed 95% of all the bloatware that comes with windows 10 by using a deboat script and OPA. Vsync does nothing for me. Even if i play the game on potato settings 20 fps cap. The game still stutters every few seconds for no reason. My CPU is liquid cooled and the AC in my room is always on at 60. I'll download CPU temps and post my temps later. Energy isint an issue i live in NYC and electricity is free. The game does not run on SSD. It's running on HDD. That's BS if the only way for this game to run smooth would be on a ssd. I do have a spare SSD but i don't want to waste another pass on it, since their finite. Also when i mentioned Nvidia inspector this is it https://www.nvidiainspector.com/  From what i can tell it can do everything control pannel can do.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 6, 2020, 11:54:28 AM

NVidia control panel comes as part of the driver package, so it is strange, to say the least, that you don't have. Did you install your driver from Windows Store? Just grab it from NVidia site, NVCP will be included. You can opt out of installing GeForce Experience, if this isn't yours cup of tea. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/157539/en-us

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment