Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Error Downloading Endless Space 2 Deluxe Edition on Steam

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Mar 8, 2020, 6:59:37 PM

Hello,

I tried redownloading EE2 on Steam and I got a disk write error regarding a pdf file - last flight of the grey owl. 

Please help me, I tried everything Steam related - verifying folder, changing folder, changing download folder. Is there any way to skip this file download?

Thanks!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 8, 2020, 8:08:54 PM

I don`t think there is a way to skip a part of a download. Maybe try to delete the download folder and start a fresh download, maybe on another disc.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 9, 2020, 5:25:37 PM

Still does not work, created different steam library folders on different disks. Did all the steps in the support section from Steam, nothing works. A guy on steam forums said he encountered the same problem even with endless legends. I am honestly a bit pissed because the file seems to be a pdf I really do not care about. And here I was wanting to get back into the game and buy all DLC. Thanks no thanks.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 11, 2020, 11:11:13 PM

Very strange, have you tried dowloading with AV off , maybe start the PC in safe mode and try again, it seems like something is blocking the PDF. Have you cleared the download cache in the steam options and tried to download from a different location? 

Last thing I would try is you can download the book PDF "The Last Flight of the Gray Owl" from this website under rewards and place it manually in the right folder and hope the download picks up from there? It goes under ....->Steam Apps -> common -> Endless Space 2 -> The_Last_Flight_of_the_Gray_Owl_Novella

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment