Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Cinematic Stuttering

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Mar 10, 2020, 1:02:34 PM

So the game itself runs pretty smoothly with only a few very rare moments of 1-3 second lag however the cinematics ranging from faction introductions to those little colonization clips all randomly stutter/kind of pixel out with the audio glitching out along with the visuals.

It's odd, it's not every time either. Sometimes the cinematics are fine but it happens often enough that it's annoying and rather ruins the beautiful artwork and music in the game for those moments.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 10, 2020, 1:25:59 PM

I get this problem too, any level of graphics settings and my computer is good enough that it shouldnt be having this problem 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 10, 2020, 1:30:06 PM

I'm really glad you replied because I googled this for a couple hours and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem. The game itself runs like a dream but those cool cinematics haunt me through every game with visual lag and audio blemishes. I've tinkered with all manner of settings here and can't seem to wrangle this bastard of an issue.

It felt like I was the greatest fool in all the land but at least I'm not alone.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 10, 2020, 4:17:50 PM

An intriguing idea. Having looked into the game's files I've found that all the cinematics are MP4 and when you simply play them from the file directory itself through a media player they all run perfectly fine yet in the actual game they frequently stutter, pixel out into black and lag with audio.

Could be that I'm missing proper MP4 codecs? I'll try and get some codec packs like the CCCP online and see if that helps.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 10, 2020, 5:11:09 PM

Went with downloading the Media Player Codec Pack and oddly the audio lag has lessened but the visual glitches remain.

There's clearly an interaction here between the MP4 movie files and how the game plays them within itself that's screwing up how they're streamed onscreen but I'm not sure I'm savvy enough to figure it out.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment