Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[MAC] Endless space crashes at first load (before main menu) and mac screen freezes

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Mar 26, 2020, 9:09:13 AM

Hello,

as a player of endless space 2 ( well it's an amazing and interesting game !!) , I've encountered some issues with it lately on my Macbook air. Since I have installed the new Catalina update for macOS, I have, as recommended, installed the Monoframe work(bla bla bla).pkg : the first load worked perfectly I could start a new game if I wanted to etc... 

But later, when I tried to load ES2 again, the SEGA screen is displayed and BOOM  I get a black screen with some "strange bugging bars" as if my computer was totally disrupted (look at the attached picture). And the screen actually freezes , so I must restart the comptuter "manually" to use it. And if I load again ES2, I receive the same endless loop again....

I have reinstalled Steam, endless space 2, deleted my antivirus... And nothing changed... I really do not have any solution.

Please help me !! 

That way during this COVID-19 quarantine (that will surely lasts till the end of April), I can experience this beautiful game again haha

And it's usesless to give you the diagnostic file, linked to the crash, since it doesn't exists (I suppose it's because of the problem) ...

I also can't find the player.log file (I looked for the file in the the whole Macintosh HD - volume so maybe it also maybe doesn't exist) . 

Since I must restart each time the computer after the problem, I don't think that giving you the computer system profiler report is useful (I don't know if any report has been saved after the screen freezes) .

(I also don't know where to find the report, because when I open the system profiler it only gives me infos about the hardware, the Network...)

Here are the technical informations of my computer :

Computer Type : MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)

Processor : 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core I5

Memory :  8gb 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics : Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB

Anyway, you are doing great job to help the community ! (I don't know if EA has such considerations for their players as you do but... that's between us haha) I am sure that you'll find a solution !

P.-S. : I know that mac is really a bad option for videogames ... but having two computers isn't an option for me now and mac is actually quite good for studies so... But later I will never use again macOS for games  !!! 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 13, 2020, 2:58:30 AM

Did anyone ever respond to this or did you figure out how to fix your issue.  I have the exact same issue!  I've tried everything I can find online and after the last 3 hours or trying to get this game to run/start I'm about to give up.  Your screenshot is the same thing I am getting.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 23, 2020, 7:23:59 AM

This just occurred to me tonight. I attempted to load a modded campaign and got this message. 

Thought it was the mods, so I disabled them and attempted several more campaign loads with different settings, factions, etc, all of which resulted in the same error code. 

Redownloaded the game, checked file integrity, and the error is still persisting. However, I was successful in loading an old unmodded Nakalim campaign from December 2019. So whatever is happening is probably something new. 

I'm running on windows and have never run into this issue before. I wasn't aware that there were any more patches post the final one several weeks ago so maybe it's related to that? Any Dev support would be really appreciated. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 3, 2020, 5:17:41 PM

Hello,

I have the exact same problem after recently buying the game during this weekend's sale. 

I'm running on a MacBook Pro (2017). 

I'm posting this here hoping for this feed to be answered :)

Please answer if you have gotten a grasp on possible solutions :)

I'm willing to send any supplementary information if that is needed

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment