Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] No Intro / Cinematics / Videos

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 2, 2020, 8:21:08 PM

When starting the game, the screen goes black and nothing happens. Only when I click or press a key the static loading screen shows and the progress bar indicates the main menu is loaded. If I proceed to start a new game with any race, no cinematic is shown. Instead the system simply displays some lines of text on the bottom of the screen that look like sub titles. Also, there are no videos at the end of the game. 

I already followed the suggestions in thread [READ FIRST] COMMON ISSUES, GUIDES AND SOLUTIONS but unfortunately, without any success. I indeed had VLC installed on my computer but an update to the latest version did not solve this issue. Even before the update of VLC I was able to play the videos located in the game folder [...]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\StreamingAssets\Movies\Factions directly, but for whatever reason that only worked with VLC but not with the built in Windows 10 Media Player or the Movie & TV app. The Movie & TV app shows the error code 0xc00d36b4, while the Media Player simply tells me that the file cannot be started and says this may be related to an unknown codec. When looking for the file ffmpeg.dll mentioned by the common issue thread I noticed it is also shipped by both Discord and Oculus, but both programs are also up to date.

I would like to play the Horatio and obviously not seeing myself in the intro cinematics is a horrible nightmare that threatens the beauty of the universe - so any help would be appreciated ;)

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2020'04'02 @2134'46''.html

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 3, 2020, 3:26:50 AM

Ich würde erstmal 

1. den aktuellen nVIDIA Treiber installieren (würde meinen, Deiner ist älter) - > https://www.nvidia.de/Download/driverResults.aspx/159205/de

2. ein Windows 10 Update durchführen

3. Spiel starten

Sollte das nichts helfen, könntest Du Dir das K-Lite Mega Pack runterladen und installieren.

Läuft das Spiel dann immer noch nicht, nochmals hier melden.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 3, 2020, 3:51:49 PM

Hi Groo, 

thanks for your help! 

I have updated both my nVIDIA drivers and my OS. I also installed the latest version of the K-Lite Mega Pack (15.4.0 Basic). Unfortunately, the issue is still the same: I cannot start the videos using the Meda Player and they are not shown in-game. 

Do you have any other idea what I could check?

DxDiag.txt

Diagnostics - 2020'04'03 @1740'06''.html

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 9, 2020, 7:33:40 AM

The error is:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
[AVProVideo] Error: LoadFailed

and then

Platform assembly: X:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\Managed\System.Data.dll (this message is harmless)
Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 230c -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 4ac0 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 2f68 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 41b8 -> priority: 1
Profiler is not supported in this build

I'm not really sure what that means. Try validaing your installation. Right click the game in your Steam library, to go properties, local files, then click "Verify integrity of game files...".

You can also try set "-force-opengl" in the Steam launch options. To do so, right click the game in Steam, go to properies, then click on "Set Launch Options...".

You can try reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2. You can download it here.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment