Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game crash/hangs on turn 300 (last turn).

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 4, 2020, 12:52:52 PM

Well this isn't a big issue since the run is basically finished, I'm just really curious to see what happens if you win the game :( 

It's like finishing a marathon and finding out they don't give any medals; dissapointing for sure, but that wasn't the point you ran 42km in the first place.

Anyway, anyone know if it's salvagable? Attaching save.

crash.sav

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 5, 2020, 12:21:04 AM

Everything worked fine on my end. If you want to see cinematic - just go to youtube.

There might be some problems with your hardware. It's hyper late game, game can stutter quite a lot. Even going through the last vote screen was a nuisance due to load times to be honest. 

Heard long time ago about problem with memory leaks, but do not know if it's still relevant infomation to this day.

Attaching screenshots from post game.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 5, 2020, 8:43:35 AM

Thank you very much for trying it out. Good to know something is wrong on my end.

Edit: Ok I sorted it out, it was actually... Malware Bytes crashing the game. This is both fascinating and odd, MB just went bonkers in cpu usage when I hit end turn and wouldn't stop until I "end task" the already frozen endlessspace2.exe task.

After I disabled all the real time protection on MB the ending played instantly. Go figure!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 5, 2020, 8:17:49 PM

This issue has been known by developers for years. I have to turn off my Comodo internet security every time before the last turn. 

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/32328-es2-freezes-when-trying-to-make-next-turn-118#post-274337

The memory leaks is the thing too on my Win-7  PC with rig from year 2014 . If the game is on run long enough I have to reload the game, because it eats more and more memory. From 2 GB to 8 GB after aprox. 12 hrs.

The reason is obvious - not enough resources to test and fix the game on every platform with the most configurations and programms. I recon they work on Windows-10 PC with the best availible configuration. And some other antivirus protection apps. So they are not meeting the same issues as me.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 5, 2020, 9:29:13 PM

It's still very strange, can't even imagine what kind of weird interaction is happening between the AV and ES2. Like, why would the AV block the game specifically at the last turn before it loads the cutscene and the game's statitics, what about the previous 299 mister.Malware Bytes? 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 7, 2020, 1:55:58 PM
Orpheus24_7 wrote:

It's still very strange, can't even imagine what kind of weird interaction is happening between the AV and ES2. Like, why would the AV block the game specifically at the last turn before it loads the cutscene and the game's statitics, what about the previous 299 mister.Malware Bytes? 

I presume it`s pretty simple - on the last turn the game wants to make a connection with a remote server to make a "happy ending" report with statistics about current game, while doing it not so politely like all other apps that I am using on my PC. And for now almost any app wants some connections to the internet for some reason, but only ES2 makes me to turn off the firewall on a regular basis. 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 7, 2020, 4:41:59 PM

It's propably due to fact that ES2 wants to create another file for empire chronicles I presume. Those are stored in cloud.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment