Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] ES2 crashes to the desktop on the next turn.

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 9, 2020, 1:16:42 AM

PC Win7x64, Nvidia GTX 950, 16GB RAM, SSD. (K-lite Codec pack)

Game version: 1.5.11 S5 (all DLC and updates except Awakening). No active mods. Penubra turned off.

I played a number of games to the end with this package after the last update - with some bugs as usual, but no crushes and freezes.

Now playing HisSho for the first time. 

Suddenly in the middle of the game (turn 120+) game crashes on the next turn. 

I know about incompatibility with Comodo security - I tried to make the next turn with the Comodo turned off. The same result - crash to the desktop.Reinstalling game with wiping out all game`s folders didn`t help too.

Diagnostics - 2020'04'09 @0336'58''.html

output_log.txt

HISSHO 09 crash.sav

please help!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 10, 2020, 7:22:02 AM

Try deleting the "Public" folder in your game directory then verify on steam. It says many files/objects are missing, so that may fix it. It could also be an Authorization fix, where the game doesn't have permission to look at its own files.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 10, 2020, 7:12:59 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

Try deleting the "Public" folder in your game directory then verify on steam. It says many files/objects are missing, so that may fix it. It could also be an Authorization fix, where the game doesn't have permission to look at its own files.

Thanks, I will try it.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 10, 2020, 7:41:48 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

I did it all. Still crashing. 

Well, the curious thing, that verification on freshly installed game has found about 200 inappropriate  files. The new installation was clear - I deleted all ES2 folders in steam and user directories before this installation. What a mess...

As well, afrer installation I removed "read only" attribute. 

All the same, a look from the developer needed.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 9, 2020, 6:52:42 AM

The error is, as usual:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This comes up a lot these days. It pretty much means Unity is unhappy, but that could be for a lot of reasons.

Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 has fixed it.

You can also try set "-force-opengl" in the Steam launch options. To do so, right click the game in Steam, go to properies, then click on "Set Launch Options...". That has fixed it.

If you are missing Mono you can also try installing it then copying the Mono folder to steamapps. You can find the installer for Mono here. I haven't actually seen this fix or the ones below work. The real problem is not that you are missing Mono, it looks for something in Microsoft .NET and when it can't find that it resorts to looking for Mono.

This could be caused by not having Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2. You can download it here.

You can try installing C++ Redistributables (vcredist). It can be found here: x86 (32 bit OS) x64 (64 bit OS)

You can also try going to the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/EndlessSpace2_Data/" Folder and deleting the mono folder then verify the games files with steam. It should redownload the folder correctly.

The devs have commented there is a known issue with Unity and non-English characters, they said: Some people using non-english OS and international characters in their steam path could not launch the game. Such characters are badly handled by the low level layer of Unity, Mono. We have performed a workaround in the code, (better than having to reinstall Steam to a path without accents)  waiting for a cleaner solution from Unity.
I have seen others propose a fix to this that involves deleting fonts which are corrupted. Are you using a non-English computer?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 11, 2020, 9:58:04 PM
Eulogos wrote:

The error is, as usual:

Thank you so much for Your attention and the detailed answer!

At last somebody cared - my prays was not for nothing!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 11, 2020, 10:03:12 PM
Eulogos wrote:

Are you using a non-English computer?

Well. It was non-English installation from the box. But then I reverted it in to english language pack and all folders and paths are in english now. Just some tips and descriptions sometimes happend to be non-english.

On my PC:

I do not have Mono - is it better to install manually or the other way - delete the folder in game directory and do the steam check? (those "Mono" folders are quite different)

I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1. (separate installation in "programms and features")  - will try to install 4.5.2.

I have C++ Redistributables (vcredist) - 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013/2015 - both x86 and x64.

EDIT:

NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU - refuses to install with the message ".NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer."

VersionCheck shows :

Installed .NET Runtime(s) OK.

Current version: The following runtimes are installed:

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 12, 2020, 10:58:46 AM
You can try installing mono both ways and see if either works. Updating Windows and set -force-opengl are the main fixes which have worked so far.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 13, 2020, 2:09:37 AM
Eulogos wrote:
You can try installing mono both ways and see if either works. Updating Windows and set -force-opengl are the main fixes which have worked so far.

Thanks again! Will try then.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment