Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

ES2 eats up to 12GB RAM.

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 29, 2020, 5:45:23 AM

Game crushes on the desktop after almost 20hrs run. about 10 hrs gameplay and 10 hrs in tray total (damn quarantine). 

Also makes "VirtualAlloc remappimg failed" message to pop up - what I have never seen on my PC, playing tens of other games. 

Never run it for so long. And usually I can see from 2,5GB RAM from the start and about to 7,5GB RAM after a few hours of gameplay. 

What happened and how to manage this?

Version: 1.5.11 S5 (all DLC and updates except Awakening) .

Pure fresh installation - no mods were installed, and file verification made too.

System: Windows 7x64, Core i5, DDR3 16GB, SSD 240GB, NVIDIA GTX950 (2GB). 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 29, 2020, 4:00:55 PM

Hooo... seems to be true,

After one hour i have more than 7GB ram used,

And i can see that this account is constantly and slowly increase.

Is there a memory leak in the game ?

PS: Watch your mods, and try without mods.

I have Black heroes, Grey Behemoth and Enhanced Space 2 - Community bug fix and balance mod;

And i have Awakening disabled.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 29, 2020, 4:21:18 PM
Mourioche wrote:

Hooo... seems to be true,

After one hour i have more than 7GB ram used,

And i can see that this account is constantly and slowly increase.

Is there a memory leak in the game ?

PS: Watch your mods, and try without mods.

I have Black heroes, Grey Behemoth and Enhanced Space 2 - Community bug fix and balance mod;

And i have Awakening disabled.

Well, most of the time I played this game with mods. Sometimes, deactiveted them to check the real progress of vanilla game. 

But few weeks ago I made a clean installation. No mods from that points were used and installed. So this is pure and brand new instance of the game with all folders and files deleted and created anew. Even user settings files, so I had to made settings from default to desired as a proof of sucsess such installation.

I will edit OP.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 29, 2020, 4:29:50 PM

Actually I understand, that game, which needs more than 11GB RAM most likely will have issues on my 16GB-RAM windows-7 system 

The point is : 

I HAVE twice as much memory than recommended 

Also much newer graphics and processor. 

So I am curious: is it the wrong type of the tooltip so common for this game or something wrong on my side, and could be fixed.  I assume the second is more likely.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 29, 2020, 9:48:30 PM

There's a memory leak, obviously, but usually people don't hold 20 hrs long play sessions.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 29, 2020, 11:31:45 PM
Sublustris wrote:

There's a memory leak, obviously, but usually people don't hold 20 hrs long play sessions.

Well, theese times a many unusual things happens. 

And actually that was a few sessions. I just didn`t exit the game but left it in the tray between them, and put pc to sleep over night instead of turning it off.

0Send private message
4 years ago
May 5, 2020, 11:28:17 AM
Sublustris wrote:

What do you mean? Yes they do!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment