Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC - Windows 10] Endless Space 2 - Stuck on starting up a new game

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
May 5, 2020, 3:06:42 PM

Hello,

This is a continuation of my Post in the EndlessSpace2 help forum here:

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/help/281-stuck-on-starting-up-a-game

So for a while now I have the issue that I can't start bigger games anymore, smaller games with less AI / galaxy size actually work for some reason. After setting factions and everything it gets me stuck on loading screen after "Connecting to server" and then "Launching game" - usually stops responding afterwards (whitescreen with the standard windows message) (I'm using all DLC's and extensions - no mods).

I have reinstalled my game 2 times now - and did full clean up of all files in both the steam and documents directorys after de-installing as well, verified game cache multiple times. Went through the guides on steam so -> Updated my graphics driver, updated windows, set the game to compatibility mode for windows 7, set the game (and steam) to administrator mode, set white-list in my firewall, disabled Anti-Virus, tried "-novideo", "-compat" and "-force-opengl" launch options, tried different settings in nVIDIA controll panel, installing "Mono" manually and moving it to the /steamapps folder (suggested in the old post) - it seems i also have a mono folder in the ES2 Data folder, cleared steam download cache and googled / tried troubleshooting for multiple hours, all without success of starting games with bigger settings.

Will provide Steam detected PC specs, a DxDiag report, a new output log and a few NEW diagnostics of me trying to run and start up a game with different settings and attempts.

(There are more diagnostics in the old post if needed)

Steam PC Specs.txt

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1511'05''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1525'32''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1536'40''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1542'56''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1548'12''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1552'57''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1615'05''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1634'26''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1636'38''.html

Diagnostics - 2020'05'05 @1644'03''.html

Thanks for any help in advance and thanks to the other people already trying to help me!

-TheCgamer

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
May 7, 2020, 9:31:32 AM

The error here is:

The error is:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This error popped up twice in the last week, here and here. I did some searching and I think it is some Unity issue. What I read was that it can't get what it needs from Microsoft .Net for some reason so it tries to run Mono, but can't do that either and error reports Mono.

0Send private message
4 years ago
May 12, 2020, 5:02:37 PM

After many hours of trial and error, googling, looking at forum posts etc. I decided to try how low I actually have to set the game settings in order to be able to play... after a while I almost reached max settings. It turns out the only option that was causing issues when i tried loading in to a big game like this is the "High" setting for "Galaxy density" (Meaning there will be 133% instead of 100% of systems). It took so long to just figure out a small thing like this was causing the issue...

Anyways, this seems to be a workaround for now even tho I dont really understand how that is causing a problem.

Thanks to the folks here trying to help out, hope this can be resolved.

- TheCgamer

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment