Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Game crashes when trying to watch a ground battle (atidxx64.dll caused an Access Violation).

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jul 5, 2020, 2:58:48 AM

I just got endless space recently and was trying to start an invasion on a pirate station. However when I clicked fight (or whatever it says) and the game stopped working giving a popup that something had broken and that a crash report was put next to the executable. the error was what I mentioned in the title atidxx64 caused an acess violation. I later tried the battle without watching it and it worked (I lost). The error appears to be unity related.

Files:

Diagnostics - 2020'07'02 @2031'37''.html

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

error.log

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 5, 2020, 7:25:36 AM

Unsurprisingly the error is, yet again:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

Look at the suggestions I've posted here and see if one works for you.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 5, 2020, 9:22:24 AM
@Eulogos you are the real deal, always helping with those more difficult issues. thank you for that, kind sir :'-)
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 5, 2020, 9:37:54 AM

@mamarider Thanks. Hopefully Amplitude can patch this one because it is affecting quite a lot of people. 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 5, 2020, 4:23:30 PM
Eulogos wrote:

Unsurprisingly the error is, yet again:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

Look at the suggestions I've posted here and see if one works for you.

Thanks- forcing opengl worked for me.

Edit: oddly enough forcing opengl breaks all the cinamatics

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 5, 2020, 10:05:03 PM
OpenGL doesn't have all the same things in the same way as DirectX so it will so that. If you wish to retain cinematics try some of the other fixes.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 22, 2020, 11:38:21 PM

Just an update I tried putting the mono.exe at the path it is looking for it at and now it throws the error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mcs path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\lib\net_2_0\gmcs.exe

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment