Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

cant load my savefile

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jul 10, 2020, 2:43:24 PM

hi sry theres no way to search on this forum so i had to create a new (and this has probably been solved many times). as the title states i cant load my savefile im on turn 201 and loving the game as i did the previous endless space but it crashes after having loaded half the save (just looking at the loading bar). when ive been googling this i have only seen solutions for steam but im playing this on xbox with their game pass. would love to play this game again but if i cant save and load i dont see any point in it. and also this game has been out for 3 years and got 4 dlc´s, how is this still an issue?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 10, 2020, 2:47:13 PM

You may have a corrupted save file. Can you load the save from the previous turn?

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 10, 2020, 3:20:51 PM

i started the game yesterday got to 201 and saved and today it doesnt load. forgot that in the origional post

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 10, 2020, 3:58:14 PM

Try loading another save first then loading this one.

Can you post your error log if you have one? It would be in your game install folder in a folder with a date for a name. You game is usually installed for Windows to:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Space 2/

And for Mac:

User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Endless Space 2/Dump Files

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 10, 2020, 4:46:39 PM

Well find your installation folder and see if there is an error log.

You might also have to just copy those autosaves and set them aside for now and start another game.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 12, 2020, 11:19:02 AM

The diagnostic file would help. Ideally what I would like is a file named output_log.txt which is usually in a folder with a date for a name, like "2020-07-12_183005".

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 12, 2020, 3:50:47 PM

Well there's a whole lot of warnings regarding regarding Swedish localization, then some warnings about waiting on Unity for some things during start up but it gets past that and launches the game. But log just stops at the end, and has no errors in it. That's not unusal, usually the errors are in output_log.txt. Can you navigate to the directory ES2 is installed in then do a search for "output_log.txt"?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment