Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless space 2 freezes my computer

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Sep 9, 2020, 3:27:11 AM

Hello, i decided to play endless space 2 again, i downloaded the game and when i started it, my computer freezed, i was not able to move the cursor or do anything , i tried to reinstall the game, use a previous patch, powercycle my pc and nothing worked. please help. 

I have tried many things:

1. went to propieties and changed to windows 7 ( i have windows 10)

2. Went to my nvidia gpu control panel and added endless space 2 

3. Reinstalled the game

4. verified files

5. uninstalled all mods

6. deleted the documents tab

7. opened the game as an admin

8. used -force-opengl 

9. went to previous patches and no patches. 

Nothing has worked, the game crashes and also freezes my pc, its not a problem of temperature because according to cpuid my pc temp is 48C and i have a decent cooling system, its not the game because i was playing final fantasy XV before and it never crashed ( im sure the game is more demanding than ES2) the  GPU temp was around 68C with FFXV , but every time i try to play ES2 the game crashes my pc and i have to manually restart it. It is really sad because i really want to play the game. 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 13, 2020, 12:58:19 AM
Groo wrote:

Post the files asked for this place:

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/26517-tech-support-guide?page=1#post-239903

I cant do that because the game freezes my computers, im about to surrender with this game i play like 20 other games and this is the only one that freezes my computer i just uninstalled and re installed all my drivers and this sh/t keeps happening its stupid. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 13, 2020, 12:59:05 AM
solrac137 wrote:
Groo wrote:

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/26517-tech-support-guide?page=1#post-239903

I cant do that because the game freezes my computers, im about to surrender with this game i play like 20 other games and this is the only one that freezes my computer i just uninstalled and re installed all my drivers and this sh/t keeps happening its stupid. 

I had to reset my computer 10 times today because this game 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 13, 2020, 11:04:31 AM
solrac137 wrote:
Groo wrote:

You should be able to post at least some of these files past restarting your computer.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment