Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cut scenes entirely garbled

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Oct 28, 2020, 9:01:44 AM

Every cut scene I load eventually halts and overlays square bits from multiple frames. Intros, outros and colonization scenes are almost unwatchable from this.

Reproducability: Inevitable, invariable, has occurred on multiple computers.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 28, 2020, 10:37:48 AM

Sounds like a problem with the hardware, I had that on my old computer, on the new one with way better specs I did not get the same issue.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 28, 2020, 12:03:06 PM

He mentioned he can see this on multiple computers, so I assume it's not a hardware issue, but a software one. Like when you install those old garbage codec packs, like k-lite, that mess up your system so it can't use proper codec anymore.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 28, 2020, 7:33:38 PM

I replaced the codec, that did nothing to fix playing it in game. Directly using media player applications on the mp4s had much less trouble. From what I tried only the Cravers intro suffered, and even those errors disppeared when switching to Windows Media Player Classic.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 28, 2020, 8:18:01 PM

That's because MPC uses its own internal codecs (LAV filters). I'd suggest to try remove 3rd party codecs, instead of replacing them. Windows 10 also ships with codecs in system already for most modern formats, so you usually need to instal external codecs only when dealing with video editing.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 29, 2020, 12:39:21 AM
Sublustris wrote:

That's because MPC uses its own internal codecs (LAV filters). I'd suggest to try remove 3rd party codecs, instead of replacing them. Windows 10 also ships with codecs in system already for most modern formats, so you usually need to instal external codecs only when dealing with video editing.

Problem is that before taking your advice I never installed additional codecs, on any device. Is this a sign that I should just update my operating system?

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment