Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anybody know how to fix the multiplayer?

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Dec 23, 2022, 11:00:11 AM

Whenever my friends and i try to play endless pain 2 it goes to absolute shit. Whenever we start a new game generally we can all load into the lobby, generally. Once in the game it desyncs, now sure as long as we keep saving everyone says it'll be fine. But once the game finally reaches its tipping point and we have to save and leave the match because the turn wont end is when it goes go to shit. My friend hosts the lobby and maybe one other person joins fine but usually. Once we try to load that save one of us will be stuck in an endless "connecting to lobby" prompt or we'll load in broken. When you load in broken everything might seem okay but its not. When you load in broken the icon where you faction is shown is completely blank and if you hit ready it wont register. If the host starts the game like this you get stuck in an endless loading screen at "launching game". Now i mentioned this is when trying to load into a current save, so we try to load a save turns before that and the same  happens. Ive noticed this mostly happens on loading a game but still happens on new games. We have clean installed the game,verified integrity, opened ports to steam, disabled our firewalls, we even tried Hamachi and it still wont work. So any tips?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 23, 2022, 11:55:53 AM

For me the sign that multiplayer save got borked is usually that all faction icons become Sophons in lobby.

So, when it desynced, do you resync or keep on playing?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 23, 2022, 4:55:48 PM

We usually play until the end turn button stops working. We make a save every other turn, but always end up desyncing after a few turns. We're all on the US east coast and dont have a problem playing any other games together.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 23, 2022, 8:16:57 PM

Try resyncing as soon as desync will happen in new game. Might happen dozen times, but will probably allow you to finish it without breaking completely.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment