Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Stuck on "Connecting to server, launching game" screen

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jan 18, 2023, 5:22:46 PM

Hey, guys,

so I bought the game on march 2020 and I had no problem playing it back then. I don't really know what happened 'cause suddenly it stopped working properly. It gets stuck on the "launching game, connecting to server" screen when I try to launch an existing save or try to create a new one, as you can see below. I already tried waiting for a couple of minutes on that screen to, but nothing else happened.

I bought my PC on 2019 and everything on it is the same, the specs are the same, the antivirus is the same. Nothing was changed, I just kept updating the drivers as usual. And the game just stopped working with no apparent reason at all. I already tried everything suggested in a topic at Steam's forum and nothing worked, so here are the DxDiag, output_log and diagnostics needed for the devs to take a look and see where is the problem.

I hope to find an answer for that problem, 'cause I really wanna play ES2 again. I find it amazing and I was able to play for just a couple of hours before the problem occurred.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 18, 2023, 11:48:48 PM

Hello, try deleting the files in the following folder:

C:\Users\you\Documents\Endless Space 2\Dump Files 

If you are unable to do so, try this

The logs you posted on steam are saying that access to these files is denied and it crashes trying to load them.

Additionally, I would try deleting your Public folder and verifying your game files, it looks like some things are missing.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 24, 2023, 11:37:16 AM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

Hello, try deleting the files in the following folder:

C:\Users\you\Documents\Endless Space 2\Dump Files 

If you are unable to do so, try this

The logs you posted on steam are saying that access to these files is denied and it crashes trying to load them.

Additionally, I would try deleting your Public folder and verifying your game files, it looks like some things are missing.

Man, you're a life saver! I've been strugling with this for a long time now. I was really sad for not being able to play ES2 since 2020. I thought maybe I would only play again with a new PC or something. It worked really well! I just deleted the folder as you said and it launched the existing save and a new one. Thank you veeeeeery much! 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment