Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

FPS/Audio Stutters

lagtroubleshootinghelpfpsaudio

5 years ago Dec 17, 2019, 7:50:57 PM

I bought this game recently and have not been able to play and enjoy it due to constant audio and fps stuttering. It occurs about every 5-10 seconds. I've tried every fix I can think of as well as every fix/tip I could find by googling, and nothing fixes the problem. My computer is well above capable to run this game so there shouldn't be these problems. I'm running a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, an RX 580 GPU, 16 gig DDR4 RAM, and the newest update of Windows 10. Uninstalling and re-installing drivers didn't work, changing and updating to different versions of Windows 10 didn't work, using different launch options in Steam didn't work, setting process priority and allocating different combinations of CPU cores to the game didn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game didn't work, and verifying the game files in Steam didn't work. Neither did simpler fixes like lowering graphics settings or running the game as an administrator. I'm extraordinarily unhappy that my money has apparently been wasted on a game I cannot play. Has anyone had this problem and actually been able to fix it? I've seen many threads online with similar problems but most of them appear unresolved.

Selected answer
4 years ago
Apr 23, 2020, 11:18:57 AM

There's a lot of possible causes, and it's hard to help without starting from the top.

Some common fixes:
Download updated drivers for motherboard, graphics card, and audiocard if you have one.
Download Speccy and check your temperature while running. Above 70C is alarming.
If you have a laptop make sure there are no power issues - you're plugged in and set to performance mode.
Open performance monitor and look for anything suspicious - a computer like yours should be running just fine with nothing at 100%, especially RAM.
Check that your pagefile is managed by system.
Try running LatencyMon

Does this happen in other games or only ES2? If it happens in other games it's your computer. If not try validaing the game files on steam.

0Send private message
Top answers
Oldest answers
Recent answers
Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 23, 2020, 11:18:57 AM

There's a lot of possible causes, and it's hard to help without starting from the top.

Some common fixes:
Download updated drivers for motherboard, graphics card, and audiocard if you have one.
Download Speccy and check your temperature while running. Above 70C is alarming.
If you have a laptop make sure there are no power issues - you're plugged in and set to performance mode.
Open performance monitor and look for anything suspicious - a computer like yours should be running just fine with nothing at 100%, especially RAM.
Check that your pagefile is managed by system.
Try running LatencyMon

Does this happen in other games or only ES2? If it happens in other games it's your computer. If not try validaing the game files on steam.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment