Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cant play

error

4 years ago Jul 10, 2020, 9:25:53 PM

So I bought this game 3 days ago, all fine I downloaded it, started perfectly so I decide to play one game it finish loading the game, there it start the problem after loading it crashed, and not time, neither 2, it constantly crashing I still couldnt play it, I really need help fixing this problem I have more than the recommended requirements a lot more.

Selected answer
4 years ago
Jul 12, 2020, 12:18:47 PM

The error in the log is:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: D:\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This comes up a lot these days. It pretty much means Unity is unhappy, but that could be for a lot of reasons.

Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 has fixed it.

You can also try set "-force-opengl" in the Steam launch options. To do so, right click the game in Steam, go to properies, then click on "Set Launch Options...". That has fixed it.

You've also got some more errors in there I haven't seen before. Such as:

Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'GameObject'. (Read 15 bytes but expected 95 bytes)
and

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

The data in the archives doesn't match the description in the game engine. You might have a corrupted installation.

Try verifying the integrity of your game on Steam. To do so right click the game in your library and select properties. Then to go the 'Local Files' tab and press the button 'Verify Integrity of Game Files..."

0Send private message
Top answers
Oldest answers
Recent answers
Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jul 11, 2020, 10:55:11 AM

Can you post your error log if you have one? It would be in your game install folder in a folder with a date for a name. You game is usually installed for Windows to:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Legend/

And for Mac:

User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Endless Space 2/Dump Files

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 12, 2020, 12:18:47 PM

The error in the log is:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: D:\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This comes up a lot these days. It pretty much means Unity is unhappy, but that could be for a lot of reasons.

Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 has fixed it.

You can also try set "-force-opengl" in the Steam launch options. To do so, right click the game in Steam, go to properies, then click on "Set Launch Options...". That has fixed it.

You've also got some more errors in there I haven't seen before. Such as:

Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'GameObject'. (Read 15 bytes but expected 95 bytes)
and

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

The data in the archives doesn't match the description in the game engine. You might have a corrupted installation.

Try verifying the integrity of your game on Steam. To do so right click the game in your library and select properties. Then to go the 'Local Files' tab and press the button 'Verify Integrity of Game Files..."

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment