Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Assimilating minor faction gives access to a special module or ship type

Ship DesignMilitaryMinor Factions

8 years ago
Nov 27, 2016, 11:22:35 AM

Like in Endless Legend where assimilating a minor faction gave a buildable unit from that faction next to the passive bonus.

This would allow more diversity and customization of fleets and ships.

For instance assimilating Pilgrims would also give you access to a special support module with better probes which have a higher chance of finding anomolies then loot from expeditions. Or have no chance to fail on an expedition.

The Mavros (which have the ship builder perk) would give you a special ship type or defensive module. 

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

The collection bonuses promised in SpaceTroll's original answer have been implemented.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Nov 27, 2016, 6:27:31 PM
Haven't they already mentioned somewhere that minor factions will unlock a new hull? I remember a discussion about whether it should be a small/medium size.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 29, 2016, 3:36:27 AM
N.N.Thoughts wrote:
Haven't they already mentioned somewhere that minor factions will unlock a new hull? I remember a discussion about whether it should be a small/medium size.

I hope so.  This sounds like a great idea and would be one more step to more unique matches.

0Send private message

Greenlit

The GREENLIT status is given by the dev team to ideas they will really likely implement in the near future. Almost there!

SpaceTroll

DEV SpaceTroll

status updated 8 years ago

this will be added under the form of population collection. When reaching a certain number of inhabitants  from a specific type in your empire you will unlock unique abilities. Right now we have no modules planned, but why not.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 8:39:01 PM

I was half a second from submitting this as a new idea when I read what was on the right. This post is exactly what I would like too see.

I was recently playing as the Sophons.... again, when I met my cousins, the Mavros. I thought it would be really cool if assimilating them gave me some sort of doomsday weapon or tech, which would be very appropriate for warmongering scientists.

I think every minor faction could provide something like that. While I think the heroes they unlock are ample enough for providing special ships, new modules, techs, empire-wide bonuses (or penalties) and even new abilities would be a cool feature that would make them a little more valuable and worth the effort of spending time or influence on making them happy.

0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

The collection bonuses promised in SpaceTroll's original answer have been implemented.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment