Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
7 years ago
Dec 3, 2017, 2:25:51 PM

I would really prefer to get to pick heroes that are either governors or admirals (and not a bit of both - and sometimes you can only pick skills that make no sense at all (for the position) - which is really annoying).

I would *never* assign an admiral to a planet.

And there are only two reasons for which I would assign a governor to a fleet:
1) For the quest that requires hero-led fleets.
2) Admirals level faster, so I sometimes appoint a governor to a fleet, but still only pick governor skills on level up (and then, once I am satisfied, appoint them to a planet and level the next one). I am a little bit torn about that. In ancient rome they had to serve in the army to get political appointments (and it reminds me a little bit of this). So thematically it is not *horrible*. But as a game mechanic it is so idiotic that this works better than appointing him as a governor from the start.

So there is no reason for hybrid heroes.

=> Please make governor and admiral their own thing with their own skill trees:
- unique governor/admiral skill trees for universal and racial skills (e.g. Lumeris Governor would be a completely different skill tree from Lumeris Admiral)

-> Skill trees don't need to be completely unique. It would probably make sense to have a basic Governor skill tree and racial choices would either be extra options at certain levels OR stronger versions of certain skills (e.g. governors of all races could pick up a skill to earn more dust, but the Lumeris have a superior version). I like the second option more.

- governors would have access to overseer/counselor classes (skill trees cleaned up to contain governor skills only)
- admirals would have access to seeker/guardian classes (skill trees cleaned up to contain admiral skills only)
This would also solve the problem of sometimes having base skills that don't match the hero at all (you could give them according to position).

---
As a side note (since it is somewhat related):
Also I would really like to have an opportunity to change the party leaders.
Maybe hand out more heroes and make party leader / senator an *appointment* (like planets for governors or fleets for admirals).
The skill trees for senators could be stuff like:
- assorted empire-wide benefits (which governors/admirals would no longer give)
- stuff relating to laws (making it easier to pass them, reducing upkeep, increasing benefits, reducing drawbacks))
- stuff relating to factions/election (popularity bonus for his assigned faction (would be kinda cool to use a party leader to keep ecologists (for example) in rule and then switch him to militarists to slowly change the political climate in favor of that party), happiness bonus if his faction rules, ...)

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Dec 3, 2017, 7:48:48 PM

I also specialize heroes and never assign them at another job -> up to 50% of their skills are going to be learned only because they can (not have to) to do so at higher levels

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 19, 2018, 2:09:50 AM

While I support this as I think it would improve the issues with hero skills currently, I don't think it would be a bad thing to allow for hybrid heroes, as long as at each skill selection there are useful skill options for both fleet heroes and governors.  I feel like I frequently run into the issue where there are no options that fit the role I want for the hero and I have to waste a skill point.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment