Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Advanced and Improved Colonizer Modules

ResearchShip Design

8 years ago
Dec 4, 2016, 9:15:46 AM

I'd like to see some more Colonization modules introduced as the Eras progress; give me something to consider updating on my Settler ships, perhaps for a couple of that era's resources - just 1 or 2 of each, I'd say.

As an overview of what I'm thinking, here:

Era 1: * Standard Colonization Module (as current game)

Era 3: ** Enhanced Colonization Module (+5 food/turn during Outpost stage)

Era 5: *** Advanced Colonization Module (+5 food/turn during Outpost; start with "Drone Network" constructed)

This would also help give colonies started later in the game a bit of a leg up, just a little one.

Updated 2 days ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Given the number of factions that already receive changes to their outpost phase, we opted to keep the colonization modules themselves simple.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Dec 5, 2016, 6:26:40 PM

Love the idea, though think I'd influence it a little differently.

Era 1:  Standard Colonization Module

Era 2:  (researched)  Enhanced Colonization Module (+5 food / turn during Outpost stage)

Era 3:  (researched)  Advanced Colonization Module (+5 food / turn during Outpost stage, +5 food / turn for 20 turns afterward)

Era 4:  (researched)  ???  Colonization Module (+5 food / turn during Outpost stage, +5 food & industry / turn for 20 turns afterward)

Era 5:  (researched)  ???  Colonization Module (+5 food / turn during Outpost stage, +5 food & industry / turn for 20 turns afterward, +5 'ownership' / turn)

As OP stated, this would give a little bit of a leg up during Outpost stage (slightly faster), but then make the modules more 'useful' once the colonization begins - but only temporarily.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 16, 2016, 2:55:37 PM

This is a really good idea indeed.

0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

SpaceTroll

DEV SpaceTroll

status updated 8 years ago

The status of this idea has been changed to WISHLIST as it we hope to implement it in our game.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 29, 2016, 6:02:25 PM

I have to say, it absolutely tickles me pink to see one of my wee ideas received so well by the development team.  :)

0Send private message
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Given the number of factions that already receive changes to their outpost phase, we opted to keep the colonization modules themselves simple.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Dec 29, 2019, 4:43:57 AM

Well, what about the Scout hulls, at least?  :)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment