Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Screen Features & Updates

ScreenModdingGUI

6 years ago
Apr 16, 2018, 6:38:47 AM

In Endless Legend, players who used mods frequently or had a long list of mods had a variety of options for sorting their content; they could save their mods into compilations for easy use in later games or modded multiplayer matches, and they could filter their modlist by tags. While Endless Space 2 has some elements of this system, such as the ability to load the previous session's mods and the content tags on workshop mods, the ability to save mod compilations and sort by tag is missing.

In short, I think that updating the Endless Space 2 modding screen with these features would allow for faster and easier mod usage.

The system from Endless Legend could even be improved with new features:

• The ability to share mod compilations between players for easy modded multiplayer
  • Indicators/tags for which mods disable achievements
  • Warnings for mods that overwrite the same game files, or mods that are out of date for the current game version
  • Drag-and-drop load order changing
  • Loading a "default" compilation when the game launches so players don't need to enable their favorite mods each time they start playing

Of course, not all of these features are easy to implement or viable with the current modding infrastructure, but giving modders the flexibility to adjust their mod loadout in-game will open up a lot of new opportunities for the community in the future. 

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Apr 18, 2018, 8:37:19 PM

I was actually surprised to see this featured was not carried over to ES2. I would love to see it make a return, along with your idea for the ability to designate a default pack that loads on default.

Great post mate.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment