Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

More inpactfull Goverment Types

GovernmentLawsElectionsPoliticsEconomy

6 years ago
Dec 24, 2018, 1:49:37 PM

I would love to see a more complex goverment system, with the existing ones as a base for many deferent sub Goverments and corresponding ideologies (example see Stellaris). 

Each of these have a small inpact overall compared to the base goverment types (Democracy, Federation, Dictatorship etc...) but heaving very destinct ties to ideologies (Pacifist, Militarist etc...) and maybe corresponding questlines and Techs.

Some could be exclusiv to a major faction or only obtanable to a special tech or .....

I know that there is some kind of system for this already in place but a more complex one, with better control by the player (or AI) would be really cool to have

Updated 16 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Dec 25, 2018, 12:43:16 AM

I'd have to agree. One of the reasons I prefer Endless over some other 4x games is that it isn't afraid to play aggresively with special traits that are hard to balance. Things like purchasing with influence vs outright purchasing planets vs not being able to colonize or using portals. These are very unique traits that change the gameplay radically; I'd like to see the same range and breadth of complexity/features with the government system as well, as right now it is not a huge important thing to focus on. Solid system as is, just doesn't seem to have gotten the love some other aspects of gameplay have. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 25, 2018, 1:13:34 AM

Oh yeah, I like that idea. I love the gouvernment idea with different laws etc, but I'm missing the depth as well.

Some kind of subtype would be great, which allows to get more specific empire wide abilities, which supports the players playstyle e.g. more definding troop deployment, ship cost reduction etc. Special quest line would be difficult to implement I guess, since the player can change the gouvernment type during a game, but some degree of specializing would be awesome.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Dec 26, 2018, 7:12:40 PM

Mod govement

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment